View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #19
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
How many houses are burning down on a regular basis? Fee or not... Are they called every week to run water from their truck?

Plus the asshole said on the phone he'd pay what he owed. I think that right there says "ok I admit I skipped your fee's but I'll pay them now put my fire out".

Fuck those firefighters I hope they burn in their sleep for letting defenseless animals die.
Shocking he all of a sudden discovered the value in paying for firefighting service about the same time his house caught on fire. At that point what stops everyone in the community from not paying right up until their house catches on fire? I understand your hatred of the firefighters but how about spreading around some of your "die in a fire" attitude to the homeowners for being irresponsible and not paying their bills as well?

Sounds like this community needs to reevaluate their current system. Set it up to put a levy against the homeowners land for the cost of fighting the fire. Don't allow the issue of any building permits for repairs until the levy is paid. If it isn't paid after a reasonable amount of time foreclose on the land and sell it at auction. The homeowner may even be able to put in a claim for the cost against their homeowners insurance.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote