View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #30
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Okay. *sigh* What a day.

In response to Tn Stud, did you know how to work on a bike when you'd only been riding a few months? Okay then, thats what I thought. Not to mention he knows I'd freak if something went badly wrong. He usually prefers to leave me alone and/or just let me take it to the shop. My Father in Law is my mechanic if needed.

Lon, THANK YOU! Gawd, how embarassing. Valuable lesson learned. However then I managed to let the res get empty while I was bleeding and had to go through the whole thing again. However, they are now fully functional, at least on the stands, I'll take her out later to street test. Really appreciate your assistance and patience. Smart woman my ass. Today I proved that not only do I have gray hair, apparently I have blond as well.

No pictures, ugh. Picture if you will, brake fluid in the eyes and everywhere else for that matter. Prompting me to get safety goggles. Damn sexy goggles too, thank ya vury much. It wasnt his fault, damn mighty vac.

Oh, then theres the coolant, I was so excited to have found the right hose I managed to spew coolant not only all over myself, but on the far side of the bike and across the garage. Think how sexy it was getting hosed off in the front yard if you will.

Spark plugs, no big deal, unless you count what a fucking bitch it is to get the damn air box out. However we got me some wickedly cool tools today that I now not only know how to use but made the job 100xs easier. And those went in without an issue, and I even learned how to do the spark plugs.

Currently he's blowing my bike. Getting the water out so I can add the new coolant. Almost done. Race plastics going on later this evening. Thanks again guys.

Lon, I love you. Dont tell your gf.
We've all been there. If not with bikes then with something else.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote