View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #37
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post
He actually started at $3500, sounded like he needed the money. He's also selling his ZX-10. If this other supermoto I want doesn't come up for sale by 10/20 and he still has it, I might get it.
That sounds like a pretty good deal. On the SV as others have said I'd make sure that the title is clear and will remain clear. Even if it is clear now I believe the lack of an odometer could create title issues in some states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
It has a GSXR fork and a Penske shock........And I wouldn't doubt it's lighter than the RC.

The RC is like 10 year old tech. The only advantage it has is looks and wind protection.

I'd grab that SV if it's cheaper.......Unless you plan on doing a lot of high-speed highway of course.
As I understand it the SV's powertrain is basically a detuned version of what was in the TL which is even older tech than the RC.

That being said, as long as the SV has a clear title and doesn't have the tendency I have noticed on TLs of eating their transmissions somewhere between 17k and 25k miles I would probably go SV.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote