View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Modded the KLR some tonight

I did a small job on the bike tonight, replaced the crappy grade 2 subframe bolts that sheer often and easily with a single grade 8 upper bolt that is double the thickness and two grade 8 lower bolts. Took me almost an hour and 3 size drill bits to drill through the frame to get the larger bolt through. Also added some brush guards to protect the lever in a drop, and a throttle lock to the handle bars.

I have a heavier rear spring and a shock rebuild & revalve kit in a box waiting to go on the bike too, thats gonna wait until I see how the bike handles riding with a load this weekend, but I expect to add it on sometime in the near future.

Drilling the frame out

And the handle bars, gonna put the stock plastic hand guards on it once I get the bolts to hold it on tommorrow.

And while the gas tank is off I need to figure out why the power to the 12v outlet cuts off and on randomly, I am pretty sure I got a bad connection or loose wire somewhere. I tried to use my audio system last weekend and it would work for a few minutes then turn off and turn back on, on its own.