View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I think there are WAY too many words for a nOOb to read, comprehend and make be expected to make a logical decision about something that has nothing to do with logic.

It's your damn money, buy what you want. I'm REALLY tired of people telling what I should spend my money one. And, I have no expectation of the government telling me what I should spend my money on. Why the hell would I tell someone else where something falls on the list of "shit that will kill you?"

I don't know who is more naive, the guy that buys a supersport as a first bike to show off for chicks OR the guy that blathers on to the nOOb on the supersport how they won't die on a Ninja250.
Exactly my feelings.... I have honestly seen this several times, a kid gets brow beaten by other riders to buy a "starter" bike. Those same "buddies" go riding with him and Ofcourse leave him in the dust, forcing the kid to override the bike just to try and keep up. Off the top I can remember 2 ninja 250s and a Seca that have been wrecked this way. The amount of work that Tiffany had to put in just to keep up on her 250 was hilarious... :-) I will never agree that the crappy suspension/brake parts on a starter bike is a positive.....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote