View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #14
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

A couple of suggestions. Have a look at the MFW Vario Pegs they are a bit more pricey (about $150) but give you a far better range of adjustment than the Buell Pegs I have the Buell's on my Busa and the Varios on My B King.
The second gen bikes have more restriction in the lower end and of course the the top end is restricted to 186mph. Lots of ways around this Traditional TREs can screw with he Gear indicator so on My B King I went with Boost By Smith re-flash kit and used the free software. If you are good with electronics you can build your own flashing harness and just down load the software. The software lets you adjust the maps in all the gears and giving you access to timing Air Fuel ratios and secondary injectors.
Throttle on the Busa is a long turn and if you don't care for it, a cheap fix that a Lot of guys use is to swap in a R1 throttle tube.
The brakes on the Busa are in my opinion the weakest point. Stainless lines and more aggressive pads is the route most go. From there the options get pricey YoYoDyne makes a kit with an adapter block Rotors and Brembo Mono Block Calipers and Stainless lines that retails around 1300. You see this set up on a lot of the Land Speed Racing Busa'a
All that said Most guys buy a Busa and do near no modification.