View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #32
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post
40 plates? Come on dude. The gym I go to has a monolift, chalk all over the floor, etc and I doubt our leg press will hold that much.. A fitness club with that kind of equipment would shock me. Not to mention you doing it with good form.
Dude, I was squatting 650 for 4 reps, perfect form. I didnt do 1800 for one rep, I did it or sets of 12.

40 plates, whats the big deal. 3 posts on the sled, (right, left, and center, and each holds 15 (most press posts are 2 feet long). Any decent fitness center should have 150-200 plates.

Anyway, not sure what kinda fitness clubs you trained at, but the amount of weights has never been a problem in them for me. Its the amount of squat racks, power racks, benches, and size of dumbells that gave me problems, along with the gym being full when I could train.

The power club, a small dungeon gym near here, only has about 50 plates. A lot less then most fitness centers. But its never a problem, because theres never more then 2-3 people in there at a time. (thankfully its funded by the village, because it would have closed 15 years ago).

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote