View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #30
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Damn! I'm gonna give it to you on the gloves! Man those bitches were terrible fit wise and would not "break in" to save my life!!! I won't necessarily agree that their leather is the best though. They had just come out with their "silk screen" on leather technique that I found to be irresistible at the time! It's funny but I've owned 60-75% of all the "off the rack" leather makers from AGV to Vanson and you'll laugh but I really like Icon's quality and the way they are manufactured.
Icon isn't bad for the price you pay......I just think they have too many stitches and potential tear points because of all the patches and things they put on them. Kushitani raises their own cows, so they control the leather quality to the extent where they can cut bigger pieces than the other guys. Bigger pieces = fewer stitches. Also their leather feels really soft & supple. There's a lot of Alpinestars and Shift that feels really stiff, like cardboard.

BTW I think RS Taichi is the only one with the silk-screen technique.......and they only put in on their $1200+ suits, not the $800-1200 ones.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote