View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #25
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
my first time out there I was supposed to follow a coach, he just dropped the hammer and was gone by turn 2 so I was on my own. I came down that downhill corkscrew section and all I saw was the wall I had such a hard time I bumped my self down to beginner so I could figure the track out at a slower/safer speed.

When main was first repaved it was like a whole new track and it was great, but they half assed the paving job and it got torn up prety quick, turn 5 was kinda bumpy when I last rode there but the carousel seemed ok, but this was also a few yrs back. I heard they were going to re do it again but I think they just patched a few areas since then.
Ouch, Shenandoah is NOT a course to learn on your own. The bus stop under the bridge alone would be enough to trip anybody up if they didn't know what lied over the hill. If you ever want to give it a shot again, I'd like to meet you out there. I've spent a solid 2-3 sessions showing people around that track their first time there, and to-date I haven't had anybody dislike it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
WILL not miss this!!!

Who's it with?
Motorcycle Xcitement. It's a small group, and the only one I've ridden Shenny with, but I really like them. It's like going to the track with a bunch of friends. They are not as organized as NESBA, but if you go in expecting that and just relax (don't worry if your session doesn't start right on time, etc.) it's a really good time.

We can caravan it from Raleigh since it's on your way (assuming you take I-85). And if I have a spot in my trailer open, you can consolidate here and we can roll from Raleigh in one truck/trailer.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote