View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #26
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Ouch, Shenandoah is NOT a course to learn on your own. The bus stop under the bridge alone would be enough to trip anybody up if they didn't know what lied over the hill. If you ever want to give it a shot again, I'd like to meet you out there. I've spent a solid 2-3 sessions showing people around that track their first time there, and to-date I haven't had anybody dislike it.

Motorcycle Xcitement. It's a small group, and the only one I've ridden Shenny with, but I really like them. It's like going to the track with a bunch of friends. They are not as organized as NESBA, but if you go in expecting that and just relax (don't worry if your session doesn't start right on time, etc.) it's a really good time.

We can caravan it from Raleigh since it's on your way (assuming you take I-85). And if I have a spot in my trailer open, you can consolidate here and we can roll from Raleigh in one truck/trailer.
Thats a thought esp if its with a more laid back org like that. The org I rode with didnt have much of any structure, and most of the coaches were just out there for free track time and just buzzed the slower riders.

First time I rode main I hated it but gave it a few more shots nad now its a favorite if the pavement is ok.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote