View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #11
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Last year my wife's business had a 55' trailer stolen: theives backed a semi up, smashed the hitch lock (it was in pieces on the ground) and drove that bugger away. If pro thieves target your stuff, it's gone.

The more locks and crap you put on a bike, the more likely amatuer thieves will trash it. I now put GPS on my stuff.

http://www.bikebone.com/page/BBSC/PR...king/iFind1000

All you can do is just be as preventative as possible, cover the bike, put a CHAIN on it, and a GPS tracking and that should keep ya safe. If someone wants it, then they'll get it. Watch as you drive it in your lot or storage area, see that no one is scoping out your bike, don't be flashy or loud as you get into your complex, not bringing attention to it might help too.

Being in construction, I've seen quite a bit of weird stuff stolen overnight and wondered how they got away without ever being noticed. You'd think someone would notice a oversize load trailer with a 50,000 lb Caterpillar trackhoe leaving a construction site at 3am, but they got away. Skidloaders (aka Bobcats) and welders are the two most common objects stolen from construction sites. Myself being in plumbing and HVAC we had $20,000 worth of copper pipe and fittings stolen overnight from job we were doing in a pretty populated area. 4"and 6" copper pipe and fittings, thrown into the parking lot out of the 4th floor of a building into the parking lot. They got away that night, but were caught at the scrap yard, only because we had called ahead of time.
Hydrant is offline   Reply With Quote