View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
You go right ahead.

I bought a Speed 4 this spring an it had a set of almost new 06's on it....bike slid around like it was on greased BB's....and yes, the tires had correct pressures....

My preferrred technique is brake early and late turn in-late apex for the street. I like to snap the bike over.....not with the Shinkos.....I skated the front twice in abouit two miles and that was enough for me.....on went some 2CT's....
I'm with you, I spooned a set on in desperation one Sat and they were off after a trip around town. Although this was before the "new" compounds. As I understood it, Shinko was buying old molds/machines from other companies, so you basically ended up with "old tech" tires. Probably okay, depending on the bike and your riding habits but I didn't like them very much.

If you want cheap, I've heard decent things about Full Bore tires... Under $200/set but heck, I just saw Dunlop Q2s 120/70-190/55s for $230 shipped so... FWIW the "top end" Shinko tires (010/011) are about $210 shipped. They are getting very good reviews I must say.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote