View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #65
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
I've got an I.R. temp gun... my warmers get em up to about 160+ degrees and that's hotter than when I come off the track after a race.
Hey Pete will you have that up at the TTDs and if so can I use it?

My first track day my buddy brought his pyrometer (he does car TDs at Loudon a lot) and I was checking my stock shitty OEM dunlops after a session and they were at 140. I'm sure I'm getting the corsa IIIs a decent amount hotter than that now... I want to check it and then ask Boston Moto what their ideal operating temp is. I know my hot pressures were good last time, so I imagine temps should be good as well but I'm just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
yeah dont expect 1500 track miles, its more like 3 or 4 days if you aren't hard on them depending on how tough your tech is.
REALLY depends on your riding. I'm hoping to stretch my Corsa IIIs through this whole season which will be 10 track days.

That's with essentially no street riding thus far though. And I'm fucking slow, too

I guess it will depend if I get significantly faster over the next couple TDs or not. Either way I already have spare wheels that I'll be putting some supercorsas on when the corsa IIIs are shot and then the corsa IIIs will see street duty until the wear bars show up.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote