View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 07:24 AM   #6
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Rode one at a local dealer before heading up to Laconia. First they are very quick off of the line. The engine and the gearbox are sweet. My wife and Myself (and most bikers according to the factory rep) found them very counter intuitive. We kept trying to put our foot down at the lights and lean into the corers. The lack of a front brake (it is a linked system that activates off of the foot pedal (traditional rear break location) Also for you folks thinking about stunting it think again. All three wheels have sensors that allow only minimal speed differences between the wheels, so there is no snapping dough nuts no J-Burns (it will let you spin the rear tire in a strait line) The steering (and it is steered not ridden) was difficult for us to get used to. The machine goes very easily where you tell it to but is VERY responsive to the point of being twitchy. It corners fast and flat, it sticks to the road well enough that the joke at the dealership was they are going to have to make a velcro seat so you don't fall off
In some way it reminding me of driving a old Lotus 7. I have to confess not enough though. Not quite a bike not quite a sports car. Fun but for us not $16000 worth of fun. I am sure that it will find a market with folks who like ridding out in the open but are tentative about 2 wheels.
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote