View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Looks good, but do they outsource to pakistan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
What would give you that idea?...

Yes, as Amber Lamps said, they do. Why I gave a close up of the label, full disclosure.

Our last few teknic suits we've had were made in Vietnam. I haven't checked all of my gear, but I bet a large percentage of it isn't made here.

There is a leathers maker here in Orlando called Syed (where my street jacket came from) that I would have gone with if I hadn't run across Velocity Sports Gear. The Velocity suit was just too good a deal to pass up, so I decided to try it.

Another thing that helped convinced me to try them was learning how much Jimmy from Velocity is personally involved in the suit designs and quality of the materials. I have seen a few vendors at the Daytona Bike Events with Asian made suits that were obviously cheap, not well thought out or designed. It became clear to me that Velocity is different in what they expect from their factory, their standards are much higher. Also the fact that he is directly accessible by email made me more confident. He is interested in good customer service as well as a good product, and that counts for a lot to me.
acalliste is offline   Reply With Quote