View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

After track day update:

First of all, I am very happy with how comfortable this suit was to ride in all day. I wore it for eight hours nonstop because it was such a struggle to get my boots on over them, I didn't dare take the suit all the way off for the whole day so I wouldn't have to put the boots back on again. But it didn't pinch anywhere or get in my way at all while I was riding. This is probably the first track day I've done where I didn't think about my suit at all while I was actually riding - which means it gave me no reason to, didn't annoy me at all.

Having the suit on that long did cause quite a bit of irritation around my ankles where the hem of the pant legs are, and up my calf where the zippers are. This is mainly from my boots pressing so hard on my skin under the leather. This didn't bother me during the time I was wearing it, but I am definitely going to have the hem taken out and the liner velcro repositioned. If you don't have skinny legs, you might want to consider the no-hem option.

The suit is breaking in well now, and is much easier to move around in. The legs/hip areas are broken in enough that I can put the hip armor back in now. I had removed it the first time I tried it on just so I could get it on. This is no longer an issue.

The perforation was noticeable, and the suit wasn't incredibly hot. The temp that day was in the high 70's to mid 80's, and I was comfortable all day. I think the light color helped out with that, as well as the perforation.

I still haven't rain-tested it, and I have no intention of ever crash-testing it. But when/if those things happen I will report back again with my experience.

I think I may have the sleeves shortened slightly as well. I don't think I did a very good job with the measurements in some places.

acalliste is offline   Reply With Quote