View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #16
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Derf: The nice thing about the 750 is that it really is a 600 that has had the engine punched out 150cc over. The bikes are identical right down to every bolt. The only difference are the cylinder bore and some fuel mapping(and color options of course). It's a better bike than a 600 for both street and track. It's the best of both worlds. 600 handling with liter bike power. Just because it doesn't have a race class, means it's an obsolete bike. For a street going sport bike, a 750 is all I would ever own..... As long as they were still in production.
Ok i thought it was a different and seperate bike that required a full re-design team and resources to update. The ZX7r was its own bike and needed its own design. It still requires suzuki resources to design build, and test a bored out engine, and I wonder if the profit they make from selling the 750 is worth the extra effort to build a seperate engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I dropped by the local Suzuki dealership the other day and they're being told that there's only going to be a "limited number" of new motorcycles imported for the upcoming model year and that for a lot of models like the V-Strom the '09 is still to be considered the "current" model (which is why my most recent attempt to obtain a new one at a decent price fell through).
Yeh I've been looking at Vstroms too (not seriously) and they are holding their value big time right now, with many of them selling at or near new price, and the new ones at or above full MSRP