View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #27
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R
Default IMS Saturday

Anyone else see Jason Britton and Lee Parks?

I bought a pair of the Deer Tour gloves for my dad, and spoke with Lee for 15-20 minutes about his gloves, class, our motorcycles, etc. Sounds like the nearest Total Cotrol class is Frederick, MD. He mentioned upgrading the suspension, and I went around the corner to the Race Tech booth.

While I was waiting to speak to the Race Tech rep, I heard a familiar voice. Turned around and saw a squinty black guy in a Kawi shirt Turned to my dad and asked if that guy looked familiar. He said, yeah- might be the superbikes guy. Didn't get to talk to him, but I didn't expet to see either of them. Both had their name tags reversed so passers by couldn't read them.

I was surprised when three people I spoke to were familiar with my 650R. First the Galfer rep knew exactly the part numbers for my pads. Ordered HH pads all around for $75 when they normally run $35 per caliper (plus shipping). Lee Parks was familiar with it, and the Race Tech rep had no problem finding the listing when he looked up my spring rate.

Tried on a ton of helmets- Shark, Shoei, Arai... Found out noe of the Sharks feel right, the Quantum II and Corsair V fit, but not great, and most of the Shoeis fit decent, but the RF-1000 is perfect. Lee Parks Deer gloves are nice- the gaunlets remind me of the old school open cockpit Lemans and Indy drivers' gloves. Tried on a Speed and Strength jacket. I'm impressed- they almost fit better than my A*. $280 at the show for a $350 jacket.

Couldn't get in the Brew Kettle. Got there about 5:30, and there was a line starting at the inner door. Waitress came out and said the wait was 25-30 minutes. We were tired, and definitely not up to standing around for a half hour, so headed home.