View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #42
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Real shame that people feel that way Smittie, but little can be done to change people's pre-conceived notions.
People have taken grizzly bears and made them pets or they can make them ride a tricycle. But they are people who understand them very well and know how to properly raise them better than many people can raise a dog. Just like you and how you know how to properly raise a pitbull. Just because some people can raise a bear to be friendly doens't mean it'd make a great pet if "owners just knew how to raise them".

But most poeple don't have that knowledge and I think you can take the same shitty owner and give them a pitbull and a black lab and the black lab is more likely to not be aggresive.

My pre-conceived notion is that one dog breed is genetically different than another dog breed. If not then we'd only have one kind of dog out there. I think you can make a pitbull a great pet but it takes a lot of knowledge and skill to raise them that way. It doesn't take that much knowledge or skill to raise a non-aggresive labrador.