View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Switch
dadbod

Default You can see my chain and you know it's clean

So tonight I purchased some equipment for my motorcycle. I bought a box of black nitrile gloves (excellent for working on anything because they not only keep your hands clean, but they are textured for extree grip), a chain cleaning brush, and Motorex 611 and 622 chain cleaner and synthetic chain lube, respectively.

The sad thing is, this is the first time I have ever done this to any of my bikes... yeah. I've owned motorcycles since 2006, had an SV650, CBR600RR, WR250F, FZ1, and an SSR 125SB-A and I've never cleaned and lubed the chains. Pretty terrible.

So after putting the bike up on the center stand (first bike I've had with a center stand, damn is it handy!) I did as the bottle instructed and sprayed the chain down with the stuff. I put the bike in neutral and just spun the rear tire with my hand while spraying with the other. I then got out the brush and did pretty much the same thing. Man! That thing was dirty! I had to use 3 rags to wipe off all the shit that was on it. Makes me wonder what was on my other chains, as this bike is relatively new ('09 FZ1).

Then I lubed her up using the instructions on the can, basically just spray and let dry.

MMM CLEAN!