View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #59
zortness
Contagious Track Addict

Moto: Too many bikes

Here's an image for some visual references relating to my earlier post. This is me coming up behind Danny in turn 7 at LVMS. Danny's not slow, he's running 1:28's at LVMS, which is pretty quick for a non-racer.

Here's what's going on in the picture: I'm coming up behind Danny. I actually passed him coming out of this corner. It's a double-apex corner decreasing radius corner, I'm just past the point where I use the most lean, so this is the exit half of the corner (I'm already off the brakes and on the gas). Danny's on a good line, but I'm carrying about 5mph more than him.

Here's what I see: Danny's hunting for the track with his knee, so instead of rotating around the tank, he's moving directly off to the left. This is forcing his upper body to stay more over the tank. It's also pushing his toes out further on his inside foot, which takes away some of his usable lean angle. His arms also look tense in this picture, to me anyway. Also, Danny's looking at the curbing, I'm looking at the next corner (a right hander that's not more than 200ft past this curb). My form is not perfect either, my head should be lower as I exit the corner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _ML73748.jpg (117.9 KB, 102 views)
zortness is offline   Reply With Quote