Thread: Helmet Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #15
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hey now,don't give up on that Arai yet. You can order different internals for that helmet that'll custom fit it to your noggin buddy. I've owned alot of helmets and tho' I've strayed in recent years,you can hardly beat Arai for quality and protection. Note; I've owned a couple AGVs,I was a HUGE Valentino Rossi fanboy,and their quality is also above reproach. The fact of the matter is,imho,you can hardly go wrong with basically any helmet that passes dot,snell,or ECE testing. It will save your head. It all comes down to fit and feel and that is subjective. All you can do is measure your head in cm and hope for the best if you can't try the lid in person. Note always order based on cm and not lg,med,etc. If you fall in the middle of two sizes go with the smaller and deal with the temporary discomfort otherwise you'll shortly end up with a "loose" helmet. I hope this helped alittle....
Good point on the size measurements. I have never done that, I always just start trying on helmets till it fits. And like Ebbs said, mine is also about 3 years old and figured its time for an upgrade. I'm tired of no ventilation and feeling like a plane is gonna land on my head it's so loud.

Are the Arai pretty quiet? For the price I hope they are about perfect
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote