View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #25
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I've used Sharkskinz back in the day. Always a good product but aren't they fiberglass? Oh and how do you like the "look" with the less pieces,I thought it looked kinda "funny" with less pieces,of course if you're only painting one or two colors,it probably doesn't matter.

here's another kit I really like,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories
Having less pieces makes track days a little easier. It also makes disassembly and reassembly a little easier too (something that I've done a lot of in the past few months). But I like the look, especially with the D-zus fasteners holding the lower on, makes the bike look like it has a purpose. And yeah, they're fiberglass. All of my bodywork is flat black, my tank is the one form my avatar.

I'm just not sure about a tank cover, I'd rather get the bodywork and repaint the tank. Wouldn't it look funny to have the "tank" sticking out too far?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote