View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 01:19 AM   #18
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i

Well... I'm back on the road again!! WooHoo!

Ebay to the rescue!

Everything off

Good as new!

Time to go ride!

Got her all fixed up thursday night.... started raining soon as I finished getting her back together and cleaned up, cleaned and lubed the chain (lots of dirt in it since the bike slid backwards...ugh). I didn't care about the rain though... I wanted to ride, it's been 5 days and I was going through withdrawls! LOL So off I went in the rain, but she rode like a champ! Everything was nice and smooth, no vibrations (I was worried about the front rotors getting bent in all the madness), and she went straight as an arrow! Lucky for me the guy that was right behind me on the R6 when I went down, he does paint work (he crashes alot, lol) so he's gonna repaint my tail section this next week sometime so that'll be all fixed. Then only things I have left are the side fairing and stator cover.... no biggie. I rode to work today too, in the rain both ways (but, it was nice and dry the entire day while I was at work! ugh)

Thanks again guys for all the concern! It definitely could have been alot worse than it was, for me and/or the bike! We're both lucky I think. Just goes to show that it can happen to anybody, at any time! From talking with people, it seems I may have been running the pressures a little too high in my tires, which very well may have contributed to the slide. Oh well.... live and learn!

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote