Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue
Default Sportbike + Gravel

Well I went for a ride today, we got about 15 miles out and found that a road that we thought was paved that google maps told us to take was actually more loose gravel. I tried to take it slow but hit a real rough patch and went down. probably around 10-15 mph.

I'm PISSED!!! also. IM AN IDIOT!!!

the bike went down on the right so the pipe is rashed, the rear brake lever is bent but not broken, turn signal popped off but maybe fixable. The upper fairing is what I'm pissed off about, it got cracked on the right side below the bars, and its got a + shaped crack on the front (I guess it got hit by a rock).

DAMMIT THIS FUCKING SUCKS!

I made a noob error, the front started washing out and i didnt calm down enough to think about the logical thing to do. FUCK. pics will come i can't find the damn adapter right now.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
Well I went for a ride today, we got about 15 miles out and found that a road that we thought was paved that google maps told us to take was actually more loose gravel. I tried to take it slow but hit a real rough patch and went down. probably around 10-15 mph.

I'm PISSED!!! also. IM AN IDIOT!!!

the bike went down on the right so the pipe is rashed, the rear brake lever is bent but not broken, turn signal popped off but maybe fixable. The upper fairing is what I'm pissed off about, it got cracked on the right side below the bars, and its got a + shaped crack on the front (I guess it got hit by a rock).

DAMMIT THIS FUCKING SUCKS!

I made a noob error, the front started washing out and i didnt calm down enough to think about the logical thing to do. FUCK. pics will come i can't find the damn adapter right now.
So... what did you do?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

I tried to slow the bike down once I realized the front tire was slipping. I used both brakes. Theres really nothing more to it. The road was pretty decent for the most part but we came to this part where I guess someone just dumped a bunch of gravel.

Really, the whole thing was just a show of immense stupidity on my part. my buddy made it through fine.

Last edited by Crazy; 05-03-2008 at 04:26 PM..
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
I tried to slow the bike down once I realized the front tire was slipping. I used both brakes. Theres really nothing more to it. The road was pretty decent for the most part but we came to this part where I guess someone just dumped a bunch of gravel.
Front brake FTL.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

sorry dude. hope ya gots insurance.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

That sucks man, at least you're allright.

Look at the bright side; now you have an excuse for investing in a full exhaust system, flush mount signals, rear sets and aftermarket fairing.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

fuck insurance i got a 500 deductible. The bike runs fine, I rode it back. I was worried about the forks being bent up or something but it looks fine overall. I might get it inspected or something, but for the most part it seemed to be running okay.

my plan is to leave the upper alone for a while, basically just fix the signal (it still works, its missing a screw). The pipe I'm not so concerned about because I was actually planning on swapping it out anyways, maybe not a full system but at least slip on.
If I do decide to do something with the fairing, I'm gonna do something like this guy did (the fairing not the paint), I think it looks pretty damn good:
http://mysite.verizon.net/magpie1967...OM-imdying.jpg (they are sharkskinz)

but eventually: fairing, slip on, HIDs, flushmounts. As money allows

Last edited by Crazy; 05-03-2008 at 05:00 PM..
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Shit happens. Learn from it. Glad you're ok.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:01 PM   #9
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

thanks... yeah I definitely learned my lesson here. I overstepped my bounds and paid for it. I made it out with just a bruise on my hip. and im still picking gravel out of my jeans
Old 05-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

gravel/dirt = no front brake, pavement spirited riding = no rear brake

you live you learn, now your bike has character and you won't feel like you need to baby it anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote