there are vids all over of bikes crashing here, for seems like no reason

now this compilation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_Fa...layer_embedded
zlicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

How about an unexpectedly tight corner, which people don't know how to deal with in the first place, coupled with the massive distraction of a couple of dozen people with cameras in the inside of it? Looks like there's a camber change, in the second, half too.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

naw, thats mulholland drive, its just like deals gap, people come from far and wide to prove that they are better than everyone else. They know that the road is fairly challenging, has lots of twists and turns (all very straight forward, no major camber changes, no changes in the turn mid corner or anything like that). The camera guys, along with the crowd are regular daily occurances there.

This particular video just highlights some assholes and folks who write checks their bodies (and vehicles) cant handle. The first 3 cars up to the lambo just drive stupid. Then the subie and the 5 series just over drive their abilities and their cars. And the rest of the video switched back and forth between the two.

What I think it comes down to is that this guy is doing the same thing that Killboy does, highlight people who make his road unsafe in the hopes that others dont follow.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I think all the people standing there should STFU and get to steppin. Fuck that bullshit. And fuck those people.

The drivers suck but the fucking butt lickers yelling at everyone sure as shit don't help.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I think all the people standing there should STFU and get to steppin. Fuck that bullshit. And fuck those people.

The drivers suck but the fucking butt lickers yelling at everyone sure as shit don't help.
Totally dissagree with your assessment. Those people are up there, deal with it. Its the same as anyone on any corner or other cars driving in traffic watching a bike go by and yelling something, taking pictures.

Many people who go up there drive faster than what is legal, that is their choice, they need to accept responsibility for it, they also need to be prepared that anything can happen to you when you ride. And even more so when riding at their limits, including being yelled at or photographed. If they cant pay attention to the road ahead of them then they have no bussiness being on the road in the first place.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Totally dissagree with your assessment. Those people are up there, deal with it. Its the same as anyone on any corner or other cars driving in traffic watching a bike go by and yelling something, taking pictures.

Many people who go up there drive faster than what is legal, that is their choice, they need to accept responsibility for it, they also need to be prepared that anything can happen to you when you ride. And even more so when riding at their limits, including being yelled at or photographed. If they cant pay attention to the road ahead of them then they have no bussiness being on the road in the first place.

Right.

Though, I will tell you this, there is no way in hell I would stop up there and expect to not have my shit destroyed by a vehicle tripping through a corner. After some of the stuff I've seen at the track I have come to understand that cars defy the laws of physics when punting a corner. With their additional contact points compared to motorcycles they lose it in unpredictable directions whereas motorcycles are somewhat predictable where they will end up.

You want to stand in a corner on a volatile road and yell at people driving by? That's fine. But, THEY need to assume some of the responsibility when something punts their direction as well.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Right.

Though, I will tell you this, there is no way in hell I would stop up there and expect to not have my shit destroyed by a vehicle tripping through a corner. After some of the stuff I've seen at the track I have come to understand that cars defy the laws of physics when punting a corner. With their additional contact points compared to motorcycles they lose it in unpredictable directions whereas motorcycles are somewhat predictable where they will end up.

You want to stand in a corner on a volatile road and yell at people driving by? That's fine. But, THEY need to assume some of the responsibility when something punts their direction as well.
yep. funny we were 4 wheeling on sport quads. we're not too shabby at speeds. I went around a nice loose sand corner topped out in 4th gear. guy decides to stand on the outside edge of the corner right at the midpoint. yeah looked like a tidal wave of sand going over him. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Right.

To add to these guys:

Nobody got yelled at for staying in their lane. Only after the car is already being a fuckwad does anybody yell anything.

It's not like the distraction caused the fuck up, it is quite the opposite.

Last edited by shmike; 05-12-2011 at 01:24 PM..
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
dubbs
Multistrada

There are a ton of people inside that turn.. I think they are causing a pretty damn big distraction, which then of course makes people try to show off / get nervous mid turn..
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
There are a ton of people inside that turn.. I think they are causing a pretty damn big distraction, which then of course makes people try to show off / get nervous mid turn..
It's fairly well known though. Most of the people that make the trip to drive that road have to expect the huge number of people watching.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote