Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
Thumbs down I'm f*cking pissed

So, I have to go on leave starting tomorrow. I'm taking my boy, who is 2 1/2 to see his great-grandfather before Grandad starts his next round of chemo. I know it's the right thing to do but this is bullshit. Some of you know but I fucking hate going home on leave. Nothing good happened to me when I lived there and bad things continue to happen when I go home. Plus, I barely know my family and don't get along with them at all, but they constantly hassle me to go there. This is going to be a miserable week because:

1) Ulu and I have the week off next week. Instead of going out on the boat or riding, we're going to spend the week getting judged by my religious fanatic mother. We're spending our one vacation together doing things we hate, in a place we hate, with people we hate.

2)I'm missing two Patriot Guard Rides, one for a guy I knew. I feel terrible missing these, and everybody knows it.

3) I'm missing the monthly combat shoot at the local range for the second month in a row.

4) I need to help Ebbs move, but I'll be gone instead.

5) A friend needs help getting a tree out of his yard and he doesn't have a chainsaw, but I'll be gone.

6) It's going to cut into my rally money.

I'm really unhappy. Sorry for bitching but thanks for listening.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

If it were me... I'd say spend one or two days out there (in a hotel).. go visit your grandfather.. and then go home. No need to make yourself miserable for something that your son probably doesn't really understand anyway, and I imagine your grandfather would be grateful to see you even if it's only for a couple of days.

Just my ... but then my mom pissed me off pretty bad last night, and my siblings were being borderline douchebags in regards to the spreading of my dad's ashes, so I'm not exactly family friendly right now.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Do you like your grandfather, or was he part of all the rest of it? I feel that just because you can't choose your family, that doesn't mean that you're necessarily stuck with them. If no one there particularly means anything to you, don't go.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

I've been known to miss family events that were considered essential. That's probably one of those reasons for me being the black sheep. If you don't enjoy their company then fuk 'em.

Then again I was considered weird because I moved to Tenn where I had no friends or family and considered even more disturbed because I enjoyed it. I can do without the drama. Funny how the family tends to tone down their crap after you shut them out for a couple years. Now days I visit now and then.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Well at least you have a place to vent.

It could be worse, my father in law moved so close to us you can see his house from mine. He's an *insert bad word of choice* too. He sees my son the least of all the grandparents -even though neither of my parents even live in the same town.. Though to be honest I wish he'd go away and stay away.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Life indeed sux! But when you stop and think about it, things happen randomly that sometimes give us a break. Yeah most times you never realize it...Not until a misfire kills someone at the range, or a DWI runs over a bunch of patriot riders.

Chances are you will never know what the other potential outcomes are but you might just be shuffled out of harms way. I get so pissed myself when something dissapointed or unexpected happens to ruin my plans, but then I stop and have to wonder, maybe just maybe, for the best

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Life indeed sux! But when you stop and think about it, things happen randomly that sometimes give us a break. Yeah most times you never realize it...Not until a misfire kills someone at the range, or a DWI runs over a bunch of patriot riders.

Chances are you will never know what the other potential outcomes are but you might just be shuffled out of harms way. I get so pissed myself when something dissapointed or unexpected happens to ruin my plans, but then I stop and have to wonder, maybe just maybe, for the best
Truth... everything happens for a reason.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Granddad is cool, he hasn't been good or bad to me but I respect him for who he is. I just hate going to my hometown and being around everyone there. But it is nice to vent.

I've decided we're coming back on Wednesday, after all (thanks archren). So we won't miss the entire week together.

And I forgot to add 7) I'M MISSING OUT ON STEAK AND BLOWJOB DAY!!!
Amorok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

So, i'm not the only one happy to live 1200 miles away from family?
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
So, i'm not the only one happy to live 1200 miles away from family?

1200 miles isn't that bad - try 4600 miles...

[threadjack]

But, I'll be going tomorrow!!! it's about time, I haven't been "home" in 3 years. Besides "hosting" my moms 70th birthday, we'll be going to Prague for a few days, probably Munich, and a way cool Motorcycle museum. Plus we'll have to attend a huge party my friend organizes for me - with a bunch of peeps I haven't seen in 15-20 years.

Later folks!!!

[/threadjack]

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote