Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #14
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
barely. in the same time it took the 750 to pick up 6hp (6 years) the 600 gained 16 and the 1000 grabbed 21.

in your other statement, you might be right on power. very wrong on torque, and mine is lighter
And the Buell gained 50! At the loss of 3 ft/lbs. It "only" has 82-83 now..

So, now it's down 20hp on an i4 litre. Keep in mind.. If I wanted an I4 litre. That's exactly what I would have bought. Not to mention it makes more tq off idle than the i4s do up until 11-12k rpm.

I'll point it out again, Buell makes street bikes that are race capable. In the hands of the right rider, it will more than keep up on the track. In the hands of a novice rider, it'll keep up easily on the street until you get to the highway. I don't ride much highway, we have hundreds and hundreds of miles of twisties here.

If the only corners I had were onramps. I'd probably care about peak hp. But, with the twisties here, I put it in third and use the tq. I'm good from about 15mph to about 80 mph in third gear. And it pulls from all rpm.

YMMV but, I got a brand new motorcycle for 2/3 the cost of a litre bike. And all I lost was the ability to hit 186mph.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote