Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #10
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

i suppose ill do a more serious one, way back when i first wanted to start riding i was immediately attracted to hurricanes and older ninjas. almost pulled the trigger on a clean black 80s zx7 but iraq got in the way. three years later and im home and my friends start pushing me towards bikes again so after a little poking around on craigslist i found a workable 87 hurricane 600 for $1100. dropped cash on it and rode it almost everyday regardless of temperature for about six months. meanwhile, someone on the previous sitw which will not be named started a thread about tourist trophy for ps2, wanting to see what the fuss was about i grabbed a used copy and started unlocking bikes one of which was the 954. i really liked the design of the 954 from the game and vaguely remembered an article about them being a good buy in the back of a bike rag i read in the suck. did some more research and after learning about its history and abilities i developed a pretty strong case of lust and it went to an equal slot on my hurricane replacement list right next to the 675 daytona. anyway, we had some friends over for new years and in the morning my buddy has torque on the tv and were watching the opening canyon scene when i remark about how the 954 is a sexy bitch and he says the local shop had one that was nice as hell. tracked it down a week later and bought it on the spot, picked it up the next day and been loving it ever since

the 450? that was just really cheap
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote