Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09
Default on to the next adventure

well had an "interesting" talk with my mgr the other day. Apparently "of course this will be a direct job in 6 months" really meant "what can I say to get you to come here?"

yep was told that my position will most likely be ending in 1-2 months. said he thought he should tell me since I was starting to look at houses. hmmm might have thought about telling me that before we shut down my g/f's business and had her quit her part time job.

couple other opp's here in Fla and did get a call from a place in Houston TX. Never been to Houston before so who knows.

It's a bad time to go back to Wis I know that. LOL

I had a good time, got to meet new folks and even though I gave up a ton at my old job I don't regret quitting there so I guess all in all it isn't the end of the world.

I may actually consider a drastic career change. Not sure what I would go to but it won't be engineering. Tired of that after 15 years in the industry.

I am thinking about going after the childhood dream of driving truck. kids are grown, and the g/f isn't too worried about me not being there constantly now days. Would be a huge pay cut at first but would rebound somewhat in a year or two. I have done some driving in the past and loved it.

I must say I have come to realize that in the 20 years since I have lived in FL things have definitely changed. Not sure I will miss it. I do love riding to work in late Nov without wearing a snowmobile suit though. LOL

Was awesome meeting OSP, wish we would have gotten together more. I am terrible about that. LOL Will def get together with you guys before we decide to take off. Somebody has to meet bully before we go. Can't come this far and not make that happen.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote