Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #41
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Yeah its a 4x4. Wouldn't buy a truck that wasn't. I'm really liking this truck. Not as fun to fuck around in like my toy... But its a fucking nice truck. Ill have better pics later.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #42
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
no gas you were ready like 4 months ago... before we changed the banner at the top of the forum

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #43
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
no gas you were ready like 4 months ago... before we changed the banner at the top of the forum
Sorry it was a funny pic though

Quote:
well this day kinda lived up to it's ominous stereotype. I got up... truck wouldn't stay idle'n... started to drive to take it back to the Toyota Dealership that did my maintenance as I didn't have a garage and it's 10* out.

On the way... the truck dies in an intersection... won't start... I get it towed to the dealership... they spend 4 hrs and tell me the charging system... ie distributer, alternator and a few other parts are bad... 800 in parts... 300-400 in labor. FUCK. oh but wait... turns out... they don't have the parts... NO ONE in Anchorage, Wasilla or Palmer has it. they have to fly some up from Seattle... but THEY don't have it... they'll get it brought in on monday... then flown up here Tuesday. here for me On wednesday..

FUCK THAT. I'm supposed to be in Edmonton at least by Wednesday. so we start talking... and I start looking at trading it in.

Well they won't take my truck as trade in... as it's not pretty... and needs 1200 worth of work... BUT they will give me 5000 off any vehicle I see over 10G's. so I look at a few Tundras... a few Tacomas... but all are Mid to high 20's... then I find this

a 2006 Nissan Xterra. V6 6-speed. 48300 miles. for 17898. so 12898 to me... I start talk'n... and get it down to 14999. so 9999 for me... OTD! so I picked it up... (obviously from the pics) put 1000 down... but didn't trade in my truck...

ended up selling it to a guy at the Dealership for $400... fuck'n pissed me off to sell her... god damn truck was PERFECT IMO till I had the dealership do my maintenance...

but not much I could do... I have to get on the road on Monday... and really had little choice...

that being said... I REALLY like the Xterra... quite a bit of power... 265hp 285tq... REALLY CLEAN! no scratches... just a hand full of tiny paint chips... and only a tiny chip in the windshield.

I'll have more pics eventually... but been busy pack'n and throw'n shit away
A co worker has one... its nice.

But what have we learned from this....

"WHY PAY SOMEBODY ELSE TO FUCK UP YOUR SHIT!!!!"

Quote:
Yeah its a 4x4. Wouldn't buy a truck that wasn't. I'm really liking this truck. Not as fun to fuck around in like my toy... But its a fucking nice truck. Ill have better pics later.
Where's the more pics?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:29 AM   #44
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Sorry it was a funny pic though

A co worker has one... its nice.

But what have we learned from this....

"WHY PAY SOMEBODY ELSE TO FUCK UP YOUR SHIT!!!!"

Where's the more pics?
because I just got back from Korea... had 1 week to pack up all my shit... and if that's not a good enough reason... the fact that I was staying with my sister who has no garage... and it averaged 0* the week I was there.

I normally NEVER pay to have maintenance done on my Toyota's... I know the 22R(e) motor pretty well... I've helped (never done it alone though) rebuild 30+ of them. I just didn't have the time or resources to do it.

the Nissan is running awesome... as for pics... they'll have to wait till I get to Fargo... as I some how buried my usb cable for my camera in my packing and have no way of getting them off... I'll give a proper review... Gas Man style
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote