Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-18-2009, 06:20 AM   #41
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
An older camera I used to have had a compression routine where pixels close to each other would be forced into the same color. Even if you selected the "Fine" setting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I've seen quality 30X20 prints out of a 5MPix Olympus E-1. A travel/tourism shooting acquaintance of mine has had 30 FOOT banners up on the walls of Skydome, taken with his Canon 20D. You have to start with a quality shot; good camera, good lenses. from there you can up-scale to ridiculous levels. A little 5mm sensor with a 7.5mm lens just doesn't cut it, especially not when the 'camera' has been tweaked for consumer style output (over-saturated, over-sharpened).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
For 8.5x11 I would say you need a minimum of 5MP, but after that, lens quality, focus quality, and color balancing become more important IMO.

Also you need to study what kind of compression algorithm is being used.

Precisely.

Probably one of my favorite shots i've taken of fireworks.....
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #42
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Plus I bought a $800 ring of a discount jewelery site for $12!!!! Oh AND I got a pair of A* SMX Plus boots for $150 OTD at a dealership! Plus I used a coupon and got a large bag of Puppy Chow for $10

Now we're talking. Nice boots.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #43
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
Precisely.

Probably one of my favorite shots i've taken of fireworks.....
Great shot. From directly under the burst? Every time that I plan on going out to try and shoot some fireworks, something else comes up.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #44
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Now we're talking. Nice boots.

Thanks! I wanted the white ones again but ventilated and they had these there for cheap and in my size so.....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #45
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Quote:
Great shot. From directly under the burst? Every time that I plan on going out to try and shoot some fireworks, something else comes up.
No.

Just very damn close. if you look at the XIF data it's only 40mm.

Out in the Marshall Islands when i was supporting SMDCK, they'd have fireworks on Independence Day (my fav holiday btw) barge is about 800ft off the beach, fireworks pretty much exploding just over your head, it's something I don't think you could experience much anywhere else.

I did always wanna go phtoograph the celebrations in Sydney harbor or DC on the 4th.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #46
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
No.

Just very damn close. if you look at the XIF data it's only 40mm.

Out in the Marshall Islands when i was supporting SMDCK, they'd have fireworks on Independence Day (my fav holiday btw) barge is about 800ft off the beach, fireworks pretty much exploding just over your head, it's something I don't think you could experience much anywhere else.

I did always wanna go phtoograph the celebrations in Sydney harbor or DC on the 4th.
This might be worth visiting for you then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_of_Fire

They do boat cruises too.

http://www.jubileequeencruises.ca/to..._boat_info.htm

Been able to hook up with any other riders in the Huntsville area yet?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Old 02-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Oh and the new printer is a huge success!!! I printed the same picture taken by my camera phone on my Canon vs my Sony printer and the Canon prints WAYYYYYYYY better! It's not even close. Although I must say that the Sony was a lot faster.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #48
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Quote:
This might be worth visiting for you then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_of_Fire

They do boat cruises too.

http://www.jubileequeencruises.ca/to..._boat_info.htm

Been able to hook up with any other riders in the Huntsville area yet?

Not bad, not bad at all. I'm going to have to get that to the wifey and see if I can't finally convince her to head up Norht for a visit. For some odd reason she doesn't wanna visit Canada.. I told her it's not *that* bad.... Would probably still sit on the land... boat would be fun and all but open shutters and movement... well, you know.

Ummm, actually I went out for a ride w/ a coworker about two weeks ago up thru Monte Sato and a road I've started calling "Diet Cherry Cola" But beyond that I have not. There's a bike nite every thurs @ Hooters.... but those crowds tend to have a bunch of people who enjoy doing stupid shit like stuntin' in traffic... So I tend to pass on those events. So I'm still looking for soemone solid to ride with. There's a kid down the road who has a bike, but haven't hit him up yet to see if he wants to do any riding.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #49
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Not bad, not bad at all. I'm going to have to get that to the wifey and see if I can't finally convince her to head up Norht for a visit. For some odd reason she doesn't wanna visit Canada.. I told her it's not *that* bad.... Would probably still sit on the land... boat would be fun and all but open shutters and movement... well, you know.

Ummm, actually I went out for a ride w/ a coworker about two weeks ago up thru Monte Sato and a road I've started calling "Diet Cherry Cola" But beyond that I have not. There's a bike nite every thurs @ Hooters.... but those crowds tend to have a bunch of people who enjoy doing stupid shit like stuntin' in traffic... So I tend to pass on those events. So I'm still looking for soemone solid to ride with. There's a kid down the road who has a bike, but haven't hit him up yet to see if he wants to do any riding.
Just tell her that she won't have to wear a winter coat up here in summer. One of my high school teachers, way back when, used to work as a border guard and told us that he lost count of the number of Americans who came to the border and asked how far they would have to drive in order to see an igloo.

In July.

There's a group that meets at a Sonic somewhere. OK, maybe there are a few It's the Sonic on Jordan Lane. I know a few folks up in New Market. KY's does a bike night every now and then.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #50
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Thanks! I wanted the white ones again but ventilated and they had these there for cheap and in my size so.....
I want the white Plus's as well. Good looking boots.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote