Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post

CLAP!
Hoyl mother of awesomeness!
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #52
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

I hope K.O. never gets pissed off at me, cause that guy can bring it.

I saw that Pat Robertson clip...what a fucking chode.

JC
Old 01-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #53
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Pretty fucking terrible... We are doing a drive at work and sending things that the government wouldn't be likely to steal from the people... like food, clothing, etc.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #54
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
lol, thats good!

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #55
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I hope K.O. never gets pissed off at me, cause that guy can bring it.

I saw that Pat Robertson clip...what a fucking chode.

JC
No kidding. He's fantastic.

Maybe, just maybe, people will get help. Here's hoping...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #56
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
The Haitians pride themselves on Voodoo and the supernatural. They supposedly made a deal with the devil to get the French out and it seems far fetched that another person who believes in the supernatural believes that the people who also believe in the supernatural made a deal with the devil are now being punished? Those people freaked out when a sidewalk magician came in and did simple card tricks how do you think they'd view an earthquake?

As for Limbaugh saying they are in that situation due to their communist government. I didn't think Haiti was communist but more of a monarchy (still a shitty form of government). Anyways has this earthquake affected their neighbor who shares the same island? The Dominican Republic is on the same island, has the same people, but a different government (and they didn't make a deal with the devil).

Sucks for the people, but they'll manage. Especially since private donations alone from Americans will probably be double of their GDP. Then add in the rest of the world and our government, they'll come out great. That's one hell of a deal from the devil.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #57
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Some of the posts in this thread are just, wow. Who cares what color the skin of the people buried under the rubble of the buildings is? Who cares if some of the celebrities donating money are only doing so for their image, as long as the money gets to those in need. Celebraties who aren't putting in any of their own money but are asking for donations, they can f-off.

That KO video rules! I am neither for nor against Obama at this point, but for Limbaugh to criticize tht he held a press conference is just stupid. I'm sure he would have bashed him had he NOT held a press conference. And Pat Robertson is just a douche.

When I lived in south Florida right after hurricane Andrew hit, I was really super pissed that a large number of Hatians who had lived in the area most directly hit, moved further north to get work at the half the fair wage which had been previously being paid, which cost many people their jobs. My then fiance one of them. But I wasn't mad at the Hatians for looking for work, I was mad at the dumbasses who saw them as easily taken advantage of due to their desperation, used them as cheap labor, and fucked others over in the process.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #58
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Didn't see if this is a repost.

Its a vid clip that you can rotate 360 degrees.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2...ex.html?hpt=C1
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #59
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Didn't see if this is a repost.

Its a vid clip that you can rotate 360 degrees.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2...ex.html?hpt=C1
That was some pretty cool video, too bad google earth couldnt do that
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #60
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
The Haitians pride themselves on Voodoo and the supernatural. They supposedly made a deal with the devil to get the French out and it seems far fetched that another person who believes in the supernatural believes that the people who also believe in the supernatural made a deal with the devil are now being punished? Those people freaked out when a sidewalk magician came in and did simple card tricks how do you think they'd view an earthquake?

As for Limbaugh saying they are in that situation due to their communist government. I didn't think Haiti was communist but more of a monarchy (still a shitty form of government). Anyways has this earthquake affected their neighbor who shares the same island? The Dominican Republic is on the same island, has the same people, but a different government (and they didn't make a deal with the devil).

Sucks for the people, but they'll manage. Especially since private donations alone from Americans will probably be double of their GDP. Then add in the rest of the world and our government, they'll come out great. That's one hell of a deal from the devil.
Haiti suffered through one of the worst totalitarian regimes that you can imagine. If you don't already know about it just google "Papa Doc" and "Baby Doc" Duvalier, and "Tonton Macoutes."

After they got out from under those thumbs and eventually had their first democratic elections, they ended up with incredibly corrupt leadership (google "Jean-Bertrand Aristide").

Prior to the earthquake in Haiti they had an unemployment rate of 90% and a literacy rate of less than 50%. Four out of 5 Haitians who receive higher education leave the country. Odds are that a good chunk of the money that is sent down there, that isn't managed by aid agencies, will simply disappear.

They won't "manage." There is nothing to "manage" left. Their buildings were generally made of concrete with no rebar because there is virtually no wood left in Haiti, and rebar it too expensive. When the earthquake hit and the concrete fractured, there was nothing to keep them from simply falling apart. There are no resources. There's nowhere to obtain employment, even if everything is rebuilt. They were the poorest people in our hemisphere, even before this.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote