Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #41
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
and you don't really get more reliable than a 1911.
Not from what I've heard, unless you mod it

And if you can't spend much, why even get a 45, the ammo cost sucks
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #42
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Not from what I've heard, unless you mod it

And if you can't spend much, why even get a 45, the ammo cost sucks
honestly the only thing id do to the smith is polish the feed ramp and the leading edge of the chamber. well, that and pachmeyers
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:30 AM   #43
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Guess I'll repeat myself. I dont shoot much. I'll rephrase myself. I don't want to spend high 3 or low 4 digits on a gun. There is always going to be a gun better than the other gun.

I have an sks. It shoots straight, does not jam, does not misfire, has gone up in value. I have a sigma 9mm. It shoots, goes bang, goes straight, does not jam, makes holes in targets, cleans easily. I have a cheapo Remington .22 rifle. It goes bang, does not jam, feeds fine. I have an AR, never been shot. I have a Hipoint 9mm carbine never been shot.

Nobody "needs" to spend a lot on a gun. There is a difference between "needed" to spend a certain amount and spending a certain amount because its a "luxury."

Let me check again..........Yup. No war outside. No zombies that I can see. Justin Bieber doesnt walk by and no drive-bys.

Ya'll do not understand. I am not a gun enthusiast. I don't shoot a gun and think of every single little problem. I make my self adjust to the weapon. If I don't like it then I'll see if modifying is worth the cost or I'll sell it off. Simple as that.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #44
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
So a loose chain will cause your bike to lose hp?........ : : X 1,000,000,000,000 + 4,356

The only thing that will happen if you REALLY let your chain get loose is that it can come off, slide on the sprocket, slap the swing arm, stuff like that.
Not my bike man, I don't know what he meant by "dog". He is the one that told me it was running like shit, and when he got it replaced it ran noticibly better. Doubtful he meant horsepower, maybe application.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #45
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Probably the jerking around.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #46
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Ya'll do not understand. I am not a gun enthusiast. I don't shoot a gun and think of every single little problem. I make my self adjust to the weapon. If I don't like it then I'll see if modifying is worth the cost or I'll sell it off. Simple as that.
Anyone who owns more than 1 gun is pretty much an enthusiast IMO
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #47
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

I own them, but ever since I moved I dont really have a place to go shooting. Shooting at in indoor range gets boring. I haven't shot my sks in probably 5 years. Maybe even more.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:38 AM   #48
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Guess I'll repeat myself. I dont shoot much. I'll rephrase myself. I don't want to spend high 3 or low 4 digits on a gun. There is always going to be a gun better than the other gun.

I have an sks. It shoots straight, does not jam, does not misfire, has gone up in value. I have a sigma 9mm. It shoots, goes bang, goes straight, does not jam, makes holes in targets, cleans easily. I have a cheapo Remington .22 rifle. It goes bang, does not jam, feeds fine. I have an AR, never been shot. I have a Hipoint 9mm carbine never been shot.

Nobody "needs" to spend a lot on a gun. There is a difference between "needed" to spend a certain amount and spending a certain amount because its a "luxury."

Let me check again..........Yup. No war outside. No zombies that I can see. Justin Bieber doesnt walk by and no drive-bys.

nice, a diatribe on price after talking about a 1911
TWF Post whore #6
Old 01-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #49
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

You dont have to spend a lot on a 1911 that is good. That's been proven over and over. You spend your $1000 on a 1911 and I'll spend under $500 and we can both be happy. Why are you so high strung on me spending more than I want to? I like how you didnt give Corey any shit for buying a "cheap" gun.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #50
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
You dont have to spend a lot on a 1911 that is good. That's been proven over and over. You spend your $1000 on a 1911 and I'll spend under $500 and we can both be happy. Why are you so high strung on me spending more than I want to? I like how you didnt give Corey any shit for buying a "cheap" gun.
i suggested a gun you'd really have to try to find priced over $400 and you started whinging on about price. thus the funny. i could care less what you buy.

what did he get again? i may have missed the thread.
TWF Post whore #6