Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #291
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Just watched the season 3 finale. What happened? Did they get someone else to write the finale over their coffee break? It was all over the place in pacing, feel and was pretty implausible at a few times. Pretty much sucked.

A few flash bangs and the alarm scared all of those people away? Really? And not one person standing by watching the governor massacre those people had the balls to shoot him (even in his back)? Meh.
They are going to bring the Governor back... I have a feeling he's going to be the leader of The Saviors in a couple of seasons or The Hunters next season...

Also, you gotta remember, those weren't soldiers with The Governor... and if they were, they weren't the first choice or the best. When Merle ran his suicide mission, he killed off Woodbury's best (and inexplicably yoked) soldiers. Creepy prison, unfamiliar territory, zombies, and now some flashing lights, sirens, and flash bangs... "why are we doing this again? fuck this, I'm out." A couple of days before this, these people were tending gardens and milling about town like the world hadn't ended.

I kept thinking The Governor was going to get shot by one of those guys after he mowed down the others, but he's too cool of a character to go out that way. Like I said, he'll be back and hopefully he gets off'ed in dramatic fashion.

The thing that really got me was the shit with Andrea... hey, let's spend 10 minutes of our 40 minute season finale watching the dumbest fucking character in the history of television stare at a guy who's dying instead of trying to save herself... then let's expect her suicide to be something dramatic and sad. I'm pretty sure around 9:58pm EST on March 31 2013 if you shut off your TV and opened a window, you'd hear all of America saying "it's about fucking time you killed that idiot!"
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #292
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Oh and anyone else think that Daryl is kinda Andrea from the comics? Good soldier for Rick, provides insight every now and again, and above all... isn't a total worthless fucktard doing everything possible to fuck things up.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #293
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Oh and anyone else think that Daryl is kinda Andrea from the comics? Good soldier for Rick, provides insight every now and again, and above all... isn't a total worthless fucktard doing everything possible to fuck things up.
That's an interesting way to look at it.

I was hoping that they would let Andrea redeem herself and turn her into the character she can be. But I guess they decided to just let her die as a moron. It's too bad. The show could have used a female sniper.

All in all, the finale was pretty weak. I understand they want to make a somewhat different story than the comics, but they need to remember one important thing: The comics are awesome. So, straying too far from their story might not be such a good idea.

The whole prison arc in the comics took damn near two years to get through so it's not a bad idea if they spread it over 2 seasons I guess. The order of events is certainly all over the place though. I'm kind of interested to see how they will finally be driven from the Prison and if the Governor will have anything to do with it. He will obviously be back at some point.
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #294
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
let's spend 10 minutes of our 40 minute season finale watching the dumbest fucking character in the history of television stare at a guy who's dying instead of trying to save herself
EXACTLY...well to everything you said..but this especially

She should have died in season one. I hated the bitch when she was in the bottom level of the store in ATL and had a gun. And they had to kill Milton? Man DAMN! I wanted him to rise up and assassinate the gov.

Why did rick not take the army truck and expedition?

How do the comics have them leaving the prison? Also...how does the Gov die in the comics?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #295
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
EXACTLY...well to everything you said..but this especially

She should have died in season one. I hated the bitch when she was in the bottom level of the store in ATL and had a gun. And they had to kill Milton? Man DAMN! I wanted him to rise up and assassinate the gov.

Why did rick not take the army truck and expedition?

How do the comics have them leaving the prison? Also...how does the Gov die in the comics?
I almost felt bad for andrea in the end, even though I was calling for her to be killed asap like everyone else.

I was figuring milton would kill the governor, but I bet the governor will be pissed when he gets home and sees everyones gone. I think now he may be more dangerous since its more or less him, martinez and that black guy, not even sure if he has a name. I would have figured they would try to take over woodburry, seems like they have a lot more resources there than the prison.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #296
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

I don't think that The Governor is going home. I pretty much killed every able bodied fighter in town except for the two most loyal, who were also apparently wondering if they should blow him away.

He pretty much killed the town already.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #297
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I don't think that The Governor is going home. I pretty much killed every able bodied fighter in town except for the two most loyal, who were also apparently wondering if they should blow him away.

He pretty much killed the town already.
I think he will want to go back to see what happened with andrea. it was like th eold batman scenarios, locking them away with a slow means of killing them, thus giving ample time adn opportunity to escape. I never realy pictured the governor as a true survivalist though so i am wondering how he will do forraging around like the others have.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #298
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I think he will want to go back to see what happened with andrea. it was like th eold batman scenarios, locking them away with a slow means of killing them, thus giving ample time adn opportunity to escape. I never realy pictured the governor as a true survivalist though so i am wondering how he will do forraging around like the others have.
You can forage, or you can go around killing other people and taking their stuff. The Guv strikes me as #2 (in more ways than one).

Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #299
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
You can forage, or you can go around killing other people and taking their stuff. The Guv strikes me as #2 (in more ways than one).
I can see that esp since that was what he was doing anyway. Untill hes confirmed dead I dont think ricks group could move forward on anything, an dnow they have to feed and shelter a lot more people who realy arent that capable of fighting oir offering too much in terms of survival.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #300
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I can see that esp since that was what he was doing anyway. Untill hes confirmed dead I dont think ricks group could move forward on anything, an dnow they have to feed and shelter a lot more people who realy arent that capable of fighting oir offering too much in terms of survival.
They're bodies that can stand watch, repair fences, and grow food. They're also 'ablative armour', for when walkers get inside the fence.