Old 11-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #531
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
The BF3 Beta sucked to.

Thats why its called a Beta.
BF4 is worse in official than it was in Beta. It's got all kinds of issues. At least they got rid of the BF3 animations finally though.

I am not a BF/COD noob though. I always love how those two fanboy groups get upset with each other. They are both equally shitty. Go play your kiddie games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #532
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

They rushed it for release...Clearly.

And I have a strong strong feeling that the Next gen console versions will blow the current gen console versions/PC away.

It's been there baby and should have released the game for current gens when the next gens launched.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #533
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am an Nvidia person, fuck AMD. I have had a few of them and they all failed. Never had any issues with Nvidias I have bought.

BF4 doesn't interest me in the slightest. Played the beta, it was garbage. They have improved it some, but it is still a giant stinking pile of shit, which is why they are giving it away.
You can get Arkham Oragins free with qualifying Nvidia GeForce cards right now.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #534
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
They rushed it for release...Clearly.

And I have a strong strong feeling that the Next gen console versions will blow the current gen console versions/PC away.

It's been there baby and should have released the game for current gens when the next gens launched.
Yeah, they did, and they were bitching about how ARMA was buggy during beta, ARMA was no where near as buggy as BF4 at launch.

Consoles will never blow PC away, it's just not possible. PC is always evolving, it's getting the newest most powerful setups as soon as they come out. Consoles are stuck to whatever is put in them at launch. You have already admitted you have no interest in PC, so you have really no knowledge of what they are capable of... I play both console and PC currently. PC has and will always dominate console gaming in the terms of technology. It's not even close to a fair competition. Consoles are extremely limited and have no upgrade capability.

Let's look at the next gen consoles and compare them to what they are in the computing world. The CPUs are based on tablet/laptop processors and the GPUs are similar to older Radeon GPUs in both of them. Something like a 7790 in the PS4 and 7870 in the Xbox One. If you think these can keep up with dual SLi 780 Tis in a i7 machine that is capable of running in 4k while the next gens are struggling to even do full 1080p, you need help.

Last edited by Trip; 11-14-2013 at 10:55 AM..
Old 11-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #535
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

PS4 and Xbox screenshots I've seen look meh. Looks great from far away and if you are coming from an older console they would look great but to me they are just meh.

It think those impressed with console graphics are accustomed to low end PC's, low end discrete cards or onboard graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #536
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
PS4 and Xbox screenshots I've seen look meh. Looks great from far away and if you are coming from an older console they would look great but to me they are just meh.

It think those impressed with console graphics are accustomed to low end PC's, low end discrete cards or onboard graphics.
Developers are having enormous trouble getting games to run at 1080p at 60fps on both consoles right now. Especially with the Xbox One. Most of the launch games are 720p. 1080p is pretty much the standard in a decent PC right now and most of them are running well over 60 fps at that 1080p.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #537
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Developers are having enormous trouble getting games to run at 1080p at 60fps on both consoles right now. Especially with the Xbox One. Most of the launch games are 720p. 1080p is pretty much the standard in a decent PC right now and most of them are running well over 60 fps at that 1080p.

Yup.
They noticed some slowdowns COD ghosts in PS4 (720p upscaled to 1080p) compared to Xbox (720p)

That's a fairly lightweight game.

PC gaming is beginning the ramp up to 4k while consoles are struggling at 1080p.

However I would recommend consoles for most people. It is the cheaper way to game. You get what you pay for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer

Last edited by pauldun170; 11-14-2013 at 01:55 PM..
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #538
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Yup.
They noticed some slowdowns COD ghosts in PS4 (720p upscaled to 1080p) compared to Xbox (720p)

That's a fairly lightweight game.

PC gaming is beginning the ramp up to 4k while consoles are struggling at 1080p.

However I would recommend consoles for most people. It is the cheaper way to game. You get what you pay for
I agree, I had this argument last night with sixxxxer on facebook. Best way I chose to describe it was Toyota vs Ferrari. Lots of people buy Toyotas and Toyota makes a ton of money. They are reliable, cheap, and a great daily driver. It's good for anyone who wants a decent vehilce. Ferrari is a much more specialized high end performance car. Not everyone needs or can afford it.

He just kept going around in circles about how consoles make more money. I said that from the beginning and that pc gamers were the minority. It was funny.

I have always been more inclined to go PC because of how great the level of simulation you can get on PC games vs console. Games like ARMA or the high end racing simulations just don't work on console. They are too boring for the 5 minute deathmatch crowd to absorb and for the consoles to be able to run smoothly.

Last edited by Trip; 11-14-2013 at 02:17 PM..
Old 11-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #539
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

I tend to play slow twitch (Civilization, Skyrim, Total War) games on my desktop and fast twitch games on a console. I like console games because the good ones are optimized for the system and the control input. I know when I play AssCreed 4 tomorrow its going to look the way it does in the demo videos and the controls will be designed for the PS4 controller. Compare that with BF3 on my iMac which was still enjoyable but it took some time to find the best balance in settings and map the controls. I ended up buying a flight stick because trying to fly jets and helos was nearly impossible without one.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #540
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
I tend to play slow twitch (Civilization, Skyrim, Total War) games on my desktop and fast twitch games on a console. I like console games because the good ones are optimized for the system and the control input. I know when I play AssCreed 4 tomorrow its going to look the way it does in the demo videos and the controls will be designed for the PS4 controller. Compare that with BF3 on my iMac which was still enjoyable but it took some time to find the best balance in settings and map the controls. I ended up buying a flight stick because trying to fly jets and helos was nearly impossible without one.
That's the difference between a simulation gamer and a battlefield gamer. In simulation, you most likely won't be flying without a stick. Most people won't be flying anyway. The pilots will be exceptional, most people will be the grunts. The snipers aren't going to be some noob with a computer that cant render 2000m away where the snipers should be sitting.

FPS games control a lot better on PC, just look at how much more control with a mouse you have over a stick. You can't optimize the differences between the slow movement vs fast movement and how much freedom you have in space to move the mouse. The tiny difference between center stick and the end of movement of the stick just can't compete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!