Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #31
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
Damm tigger, You sound like you have seen a lot of shit. I thought I was the only one on here who had seen some crazy stuff and still rides like a dick head on the street. Over in Flint,MI we had a little industrial park we would all go and race at, stunt practice what ever. I saw a guy die there due to a drag race gone bad and have seen a few friends go down pretty bad on the E-way and side streets but nothing like looking for legs and all that. Again, It must be a MI thing. If your used to seeing violence of another sort maybe it doesn't shock you as much when you are involved in a recreational crash. I always take the point of view as if you play with knives you may get cut. It's not the knives fault.

Hows the bike rebuild going? And what road were you on in MI?
I lived in Grand Rapids for about 12 years. Oh and I rode some this weekend NAKED STYLE!!! I'm just waiting for parts now.....

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 08-19-2008 at 10:19 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:16 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
That stunter passenger was no newbie. I can't imagine that she didn't understand the risks.

I have seen so many passengers who don't. Saw a cute little girl today in tiny shorts, some sort of tank top thing, keds, and a helmet. I just kept thinking as I followed her that she was hot.

And that road rash is going to hurt.
Hey,I won't argue with you and I can't begin to catalogue the number of times I've checked my buddies about letting passengers ride in "hootchie" wear. My feeling is EVERYONE has fallen at some point in their lives so we ALL know what a scrape feels like. Multiply that by 1,000 and throw hot sauce on it to illustrate what it feels like when Nurse Ratchet shows up with that iodine scrubber!!! (MAN! I can still feel it!) I have rash scars on my back that are about 3-4" x 6-8". No amount of "Mommie's" kisses was gonna fix that! I still maintain that it's a personal choice to where or not where gear but I know what it feels like and if I'm gonna go over 40mph or so,I'm wearing mine for sure. (pretty much anyway...)
Old 08-20-2008, 12:22 AM   #33
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

i remember when tigger...pretty sure it was tigger, used to post the most retardedest, non sense making, lack of any continuing idea or theme posts ive ever bothered trying to read on the old forum when u was laid up for awhile (dont remember why) and doped way the fuck up on painkillers. the 1st 2 lines would be somewhat on topic, then 8 lines of thread hijacking lol.

the last post tho was one of his best-no1 really acknowledges what can happen, atleast until they wreck. sometimes that opens their eyes. sometimes it dont. opened mine for sure. i thought for a gd week whether riding was worth the consequences, and the collateral consequences. still here lol, but fully aware of what can happen(die or get hurt/fucked up beyond repair). and its not just u it afeects, its your family, your friends, everything/everyone u know is affected. really makes u think.....
Old 08-20-2008, 12:34 AM   #34
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

My Dumbass went down the First 5 Minutes I was learning to Ride a Bike...Def Opened my eyes for sure and made me realize how important knowing WTF your doing and wearing the proper gear is.

I'll be the FIRST to admit I dont always wear a jacket...but I tend to take it easier when I'm Jacketless...I notice myself riding more aggressive when I'm All geared up.

Riding is addicitng...and Its become part of my Life and its something I hope I never have to give up...But I realize everyday I step over that gastankand plop my 6'5 Giraffee Looking Ass on that seat that i take a risk. But whats Life without Risks??

Pretty Boring If you ask me.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:10 AM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
i remember when tigger...pretty sure it was tigger, used to post the most retardedest, non sense making, lack of any continuing idea or theme posts ive ever bothered trying to read on the old forum when u was laid up for awhile (dont remember why) and doped way the fuck up on painkillers. the 1st 2 lines would be somewhat on topic, then 8 lines of thread hijacking lol.

the last post tho was one of his best-no1 really acknowledges what can happen, atleast until they wreck. sometimes that opens their eyes. sometimes it dont. opened mine for sure. i thought for a gd week whether riding was worth the consequences, and the collateral consequences. still here lol, but fully aware of what can happen(die or get hurt/fucked up beyond repair). and its not just u it afeects, its your family, your friends, everything/everyone u know is affected. really makes u think.....
Lol! Yea that after my last throat surgery for cancer. They removed 3 of my 4 tumors (I'm hanging on to the one on my jugular,thankyou!). I think I dedicated an entire post/thread to the devil smilie! Not to get all philosophical and shit but that's the point I try to make when people say I'm crazy for riding. I don't drink,I don't smoke and I don't do drugs. Yet I got throat cancer...how horrible would it be to have that tumor break through my jugular and to only have regrets of the things I wish I'd done to dwell on. No matter how "safe" you play it death will find you and in that final moment all that'll matter what use you made of whatever time you had. Carpe' Fucking Diem!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:11 AM   #36
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hey,I won't argue with you and I can't begin to catalogue the number of times I've checked my buddies about letting passengers ride in "hootchie" wear. My feeling is EVERYONE has fallen at some point in their lives so we ALL know what a scrape feels like. Multiply that by 1,000 and throw hot sauce on it to illustrate what it feels like when Nurse Ratchet shows up with that iodine scrubber!!! (MAN! I can still feel it!) I have rash scars on my back that are about 3-4" x 6-8". No amount of "Mommie's" kisses was gonna fix that! I still maintain that it's a personal choice to where or not where gear but I know what it feels like and if I'm gonna go over 40mph or so,I'm wearing mine for sure. (pretty much anyway...)
It hurts bad enough when my drunk ass falls down in the parking lot. I don't want to feel what 60mph feels like.

I agree completely. It's THEIR choice whether to or not to wear gear. They bear the responsibilities alone.

Conversely, I always mention gear. Call me the ambassador of skin. I don't really like riding with people who aren't wearing gear. I don't mind if you chose not to wear gear, but should something happen while I am riding with you, I feel responsible for your well being. I'm not going to leave you bleeding on the side of the road.

Gear in most cases is the difference between a dust off and a laugh and a ride to the emergency room with your buddies left organizing a trailer to get your stuff home.

I'm almost getting to the point where riders showing up without gear cause an acute "headache" causing me not to want to ride and needing to go home.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote