Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #51
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
So, if say that gorilla was 6' 1''... oh say 315 lbs.... You think that little R would have any problems with standing up???? HAHA
Trust me dude... You'd be fucking miserable on a Firebolt. I'd highly recommend any of them with the long frames (Ss, X, STT).
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #52
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
So, if say that gorilla was 6' 1''... oh say 315 lbs.... You think that little R would have any problems with standing up???? HAHA
I think it would just lie down. Although, I have seen a guy that was nearly 400lbs on one.

Doing a wheelie even.

Looked like a little white, wheeled suppository.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #53
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Whats the difference between the SS and X?? I keep looking but I cant really see anything major....

Idk, i dont think i'm gonna go the buell route anyway.... if i would go with a twin i'd most likely go with the SV650 line. Maybe the S version with only the front fairing... so i dont fudge up the side fairings like all my friends did with thier first bike. Add em' later.... cause im definately a fairing person!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:47 PM   #54
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Whats the difference between the SS and X?? I keep looking but I cant really see anything major....

Idk, i dont think i'm gonna go the buell route anyway.... if i would go with a twin i'd most likely go with the SV650 line. Maybe the S version with only the front fairing... so i dont fudge up the side fairings like all my friends did with thier first bike. Add em' later.... cause im definately a fairing person!
The X has longer travel suspension, different bars and a different subframe... otherwise, not a whole lot of difference. More minor stuff like bodywork, pegs, etc...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #55
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:

If you are going new, there are only 2 options left.
SV650, with no fairings, or the SV650SF with full fairings.
You can't get just the upper anymore, and they dropped the 1K too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #56
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Oh, no no no.... no new bikes for Pork.....

"If" i would decide on a SV, it'd most likely be an 03'. I like the redesign that year, and they offer that half fairing model....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #57
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Oh, no no no.... no new bikes for Pork.....

"If" i would decide on a SV, it'd most likely be an 03'. I like the redesign that year, and they offer that half fairing model....
You could get an 04-07 then too. Just color change and black frame/swingarm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #58
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
You could get an 04-07 then too. Just color change and black frame/swingarm.
Newer = more expensive! Staying as old as I can with that body style. Not necisarily big on the previous model's bubbly looks. Carbed... but it would be cheaper.....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 10-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #59
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:

The SS, X, XT, and STT all share the "long" frame. That is a frame that holds 4.4 gallons (VS. 3.8 gallons in the S, Scg and R) and has a longer swing arm. The head geometry is also slightly different.

Of the "long" models, the STT is the best handling of the bunch. It came with upgraded suspension components.

The X has the longest travel suspension of the bunch with approximately 1.5-2 inches greater travel than other models in the line. The X has nearly 7" of ground travel for use in light off road duty.

If'n you aren't a galoot, the S, Scg and R have a much quicker geometry and will turn quicker than the long versions.

The long versions are more comfortable in that the seat rails are longer and provide for more seat to peg distance.

The SV line is very good, cheap, powerful, good handling, and provides many after-market options. Parts are cheap. You can probably build one from spare parts at a track day.

The Buell is very good, cheap, powerful, good handling, and provides SOME after-marekt options. Parts are cheap. You will probably be a party of one or two at a track day.

I tried both the SV and Buell when I was buying. Although it was a good engine, the SV didn't speak to me.

You are either a Buell person or you aren't. Test ride one or two and you'll know. For me, the Buell was the closest thing to a '69 Chevelle on two wheels you could get. It's just angry and grunty and loud.

For me it was comfortable like no other bike is. After riding 150 miles on the R, the X reminded me of why I picked it. The X just fits galoots.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:36 AM   #60
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
The SS, X, XT, and STT all share the "long" frame. That is a frame that holds 4.4 gallons (VS. 3.8 gallons in the S, Scg and R) and has a longer swing arm. The head geometry is also slightly different.

Of the "long" models, the STT is the best handling of the bunch. It came with upgraded suspension components.

The X has the longest travel suspension of the bunch with approximately 1.5-2 inches greater travel than other models in the line. The X has nearly 7" of ground travel for use in light off road duty.

If'n you aren't a galoot, the S, Scg and R have a much quicker geometry and will turn quicker than the long versions.

The long versions are more comfortable in that the seat rails are longer and provide for more seat to peg distance.

The SV line is very good, cheap, powerful, good handling, and provides many after-market options. Parts are cheap. You can probably build one from spare parts at a track day.

The Buell is very good, cheap, powerful, good handling, and provides SOME after-marekt options. Parts are cheap. You will probably be a party of one or two at a track day.

I tried both the SV and Buell when I was buying. Although it was a good engine, the SV didn't speak to me.

You are either a Buell person or you aren't. Test ride one or two and you'll know. For me, the Buell was the closest thing to a '69 Chevelle on two wheels you could get. It's just angry and grunty and loud.

For me it was comfortable like no other bike is. After riding 150 miles on the R, the X reminded me of why I picked it. The X just fits galoots.
RC51

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote