Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #91
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Well what if they decide to raise their rates to $21,000 a month? Who's job is it to determine what their plan is worth?
They tried that. It didn't work. That's why this thread is here..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #92
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Why not march over to T-mobile or AT&T?
Seriously dude, seriously? (pssst, contracts and other bullshit)

The torch and pitchfork approach should be applied to any out of control business, corporation, governmental entity or group of people and so forth.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #93
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
They tried that. It didn't work. That's why this thread is here..
They didn't raise their rates on the father. They charged him for the services that he purchased.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #94
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
They didn't raise their rates on the father. They charged him for the services that he purchased.
No. If they`d have charged him for what he purchased, the bill would be 60. But, they saw the error of their ways and "ate" the additional 20,940 dollars that it didn't cost them to begin with.

The company saw the mistake/issue and fixed it. If they can get over it, I'm sure you can.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #95
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Devils advocate here:

The issue isn't always "does it actually cost anything to deliver X gigabytes"

The issue might be more like, "If a precedent is set, people will start taking advantage of us, claiming they "accidentally" downloaded a lot of data"

If you owned a movie theatre, would you let someone in for free, just because it "doesn't cost you anything" to fill one more seat?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #96
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
No. If they`d have charged him for what he purchased, the bill would be 60. But, they saw the error of their ways and "ate" the additional 20,940 dollars that it didn't cost them to begin with.

The company saw the mistake/issue and fixed it. If they can get over it, I'm sure you can.
No, you're wrong. If the kid didn't download 1.something GBs his bill would have been $60. If he got the unlimited plan for $70 a month (making a number up) and his son downloaded 1.something GBs then his bill would be $70.

They didn't fix a mistake either. They fixed an issue that was exploding on them.

If anything you can say it was the private market at work. People like you guys were getting outraged at the bill. The company saw that they could lose potential customers if they stuck to the bill so they waved the fee seeing they could make up the $21,000 that they are owed by not loosing 350 $60 a month customers (or gaining 100 $60 a month customers for their generosity and make some more money).

Curious, was there any government involvement? No, was the problem resolved in favor of the father? Yes. If it went to the courts the government would honor the contract and regardless of BS fine print or not he would be forced to pay the $21k.

Again the private sector prevails.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #97
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Devils advocate here:

The issue isn't always "does it actually cost anything to deliver X gigabytes"

The issue might be more like, "If a precedent is set, people will start taking advantage of us, claiming they "accidentally" downloaded a lot of data"

If you owned a movie theatre, would you let someone in for free, just because it "doesn't cost you anything" to fill one more seat?
In those cases it would be most prudent to "accidentally" promote their plan to one that includes data, giving them the option to pay the one-time (multi-thousands of dollars) bill instead as a one time fee, if they prefer.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #98
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Seriously dude, seriously? (pssst, contracts and other bullshit)
I'll take the $200 hit over $21000 any day.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #99
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

"They F**K you with the cell phone!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leo.JPG (10.7 KB, 35 views)

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #100
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

For your sake, I hope you're just intentionally being dumb because you need the attention. Either way, I'm embarrassed for you.
Quote:
Really? $60 a month is reasonable? What about $65 or $100 a month? Or what about $20 a month? Who determines what is reasonable? You?
Customers decide what's reasonable. Are you going to sign up for a utility that costs $21,000/mohth? I doubt many will.

These numbers, including the $60, were not pulled out of thin air. If 10 pages of posts haven't cleared it up for you, I doubt my single post will, but I'll give it a shot:

Verizon charges $60 per month for unlimited data.
Mr. Estarija's bill was $21,917 for one month's use of data.

Here's to hoping your IQ skyrockets into the double-digits and you can suddenly comprehend the difference.

Quote:
How much it costs the company to send the data is not necesarrily the point (it still costs to upkeep the infrastructure). The guy signed a contract and decided he didn't want the data plan. Sorry that the guy is a dumbass but he signed it and agreed that if he downloaded apps, music, games, etc that he'd pay for the data transfer.
You've signed contracts you didn't read fully and understand, too. Hell, I'm beginning to doubt you can understand the instructions on a bottle of shampoo, much less a SW license or car rental agreement. There's no reason a man should assume a data bill could reach over 20 grand if he doesn't take the $60 unlimited plan, it defies logic.

Quote:
I don't believe the father's story of "I called verizon to have them turn it off"
I'll send Mr. Estarija some Ambien, he's gonna need it.

Quote:
Until then, I want the government to hold him up to the contract he signed unless Verizon decides out of the goodness of their hearts or a coin flip to waive the fees.

By the way I suggest children's tylenol for you.
You want the government to step in and enforce a bill that Verizon has already waived? Or are you still on page 2 and haven't got to the part where Verizon reversed the charges?

Go ahead and read through the rest of the posts, I'll check back in with you Tuesday.

Quote:
By the way I suggest children's tylenol for you.
If I have to read one more post from you, nothing short of Vicodin will begin to help.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote