Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #101
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Customers decide what's reasonable. Are you going to sign up for a utility that costs $21,000/mohth? I doubt many will.

Verizon charges $60 per month for unlimited data.
Mr. Estarija's bill was $21,917 for one month's use of data.

You want the government to step in and enforce a bill that Verizon has already waived? Or are you still on page 2 and haven't got to the part where Verizon reversed the charges?
Are you an idiot?

No I wouldn't sign up for a bill that is $21,000 a month. No one would but I also wouldn't download 1.5GBs of shit onto my phone without a data plan. If I thought I'd download that much I'd get the unlimited data plan (which this guy didn't)

Now maybe you can wrap your "awesome" brain around this.
With my old Verizon plan I was paying about $45 a month for 400anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends (plus an additonal $5 a month for phone insurance). My text messages then cost me extra because I did not get a texting plan. I had a $150 bill one time due to that so I disabled text messaging on my phone. My bill stayed at $50 a month. Later on I decided to get text messaging back on my phone so I got online and changed my plan and got 450minutes for $40 (plus 5 for insurance) a month plus 250text messages for $5 extra. One day I broke 250 messages from constantly texting my girlfriend while she was back home for the summer. My bill would have cost me much more but I upgraded to 500 text messages AND that included mobile to mobile texting. So my bill went to roughly $55 a month.

Now if I decided to talk for 5,000 minutes and sent 8,000 text messages to random people not with Verizon and I suddenly got a huge fucking bill for it then you'd call me a dumbass for not reading my plan.

Also you should notice that that guy DID NOT pay the $60 a month for unlimited data. He paid $50 for an additional line on a family plan. Did you read that in the 1st post???

And no I don't want the government to step in now. But if Verizon decided to honor the contract then yes the government should force Mr whatever to pay the $21,917 (plus penalties if not paid on time).

But you win. I'm getting rid of text messaging and phone insurance from my verizon plan so I only pay $40 a month. And when I text my IDK BFF Jill and show her the latest and greatest app and then drop my phone in a lake while jamming to some songs I downloaded I'm going to cry because I didn't think that doing all of that would incure extra charges and for me to get a new phone would cost me hundreds of dollars.

Are you just mad at phone companies because you can't get spankovision for your I-phone?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #102
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Are you an idiot?
Shit, is that contagious over the 'net?

Quote:
No I wouldn't sign up for a bill that is $21,000 a month. No one would
So, you think $21,000 is unreasonable. Finally.

Quote:
Bunch of shit nobody cares about...

Now if I decided to talk for 5,000 minutes and sent 8,000 text messages to random people not with Verizon and I suddenly got a huge fucking bill for it then you'd call me a dumbass for not reading my plan.
This has been covered. It's easy to monitor texts and minutes used. Kilobytes downloaded by your son? Not so much.

Quote:
Also you should notice that that guy DID NOT pay the $60 a month for unlimited data. He paid $50 for an additional line on a family plan. Did you read that in the 1st post???
If you read my posts, I'm quite clear that he didn't sign up for the unlimited plan. I've already addressed the ambiguity of charges by the MB and the reason $21,000 shouldn't be anticipated if unlimited data only costs $60. Clearly you don't get it and I don't have the faculties to make it clear to you.

Quote:
And no I don't want the government to step in now. But if Verizon decided to honor the contract then yes the government should force Mr whatever to pay the $21,917 (plus penalties if not paid on time).
So now it is reasonable again? I guess because it's not you on the hook.

Quote:
But you win. I'm getting rid of text messaging and phone insurance from my verizon plan so I only pay $40 a month. And when I text my IDK BFF Jill and show her the latest and greatest app and then drop my phone in a lake while jamming to some songs I downloaded I'm going to cry because I didn't think that doing all of that would incure extra charges and for me to get a new phone would cost me hundreds of dollars.
Ok.

Quote:
Are you just mad at phone companies because you can't get spankovision for your I-phone?
Time to go talk to someone that can hold a conversation. Later kid.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #103
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

You just admitted to accidentally getting a 150 phone bill because of txting. What if those txts cost you 15000? Would you have paid it and removed txting from your phone?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #104
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I just noticed that he now wants the government to step in and make the man pay?

Do you flip flop on the hour or the half hour?

Because a couple hours ago government involvement in anything was worthy of death by firing squad..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #105
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
I'll take the $200 hit over $21000 any day.
I wouldn't take either.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #106
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I just noticed that he now wants the government to step in and make the man pay?

Do you flip flop on the hour or the half hour?

Because a couple hours ago government involvement in anything was worthy of death by firing squad..
Depends on who wants it. If it's 'liberals', then it's still death by firing squad

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #107
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
And absolutely, let's start a phone company. Ever since I started reading your posts ~4 years ago, I've been thinking "there's a bright guy I'd like to invest money in."
Fuck, that made my day
Old 12-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #108
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
So why have $60 phone bills if it doesn't cost Verizon anything? Let's regulate the price down to $30 or fuck it FREE. No one is allowed to make money but "us".

Besides do you have any idea how much money it costs to up keep a communications network? Between my work truck, me, and my partner my company charges the phone company $200 an hour and we are just little piss ants.
You said you'd be "taking the hit". Since VZN sells "unlimited" (actually capped at 5GB/mo) data transfer for $60/month, and presumably profits from it, I can say with a fair degree of certainty that said "hit" is less than $60/month. Not
"nothing", but WELL within my "sure as shit less than $21k" figure.

As a matter of fact, I've also worked in the telecom industry for a decade or so, and my father's been doing carrier-level hardware for almost 30 years. VZN's EVDO data network largely rides on their existing CDMA voice network hardware, and since they started rolling it out in '05-'06, is largely paid for. Carrying costs are estimated at less than $0.02/MByte, or $30 for 1.5GB.

Unless they installed a tower just for his kid that you know about and the article didn't mention?

Quote:
I don't believe the father's story of "I called verizon to have them turn it off"
As a former Verizon Wireless customer, former Verizon landline customer, and soon-to-be-former Verizon Business customer (see link in sig if you have free time) I don't have the slightest doubt.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #109
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Who are you with now?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #110
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
You just admitted to accidentally getting a 150 phone bill because of txting. What if those txts cost you 15000? Would you have paid it and removed txting from your phone?
Well because I am a decent human being who does not believe in stealing, then yes I would. It's clear as day when you walk into any phone store wether you get unlimited or not. The sale weasels try to push the unlimited on you in the first place. It's not in fine print, it's in the commercials on TV, radio, interwebs, word of mouth.

And I'm not flip flopping, I'm wanting the government to enforce the contract both parties agreed upon (if Verizon decided to honor the contract). If Verizon falsely charged the guy $21,000 and then they wanted him to pay it then I'd want the government to stay on the customers side.

This isn't a fucking democracy as some "genius" expressed. It is a Republic that operates under the rule of law. Just because $21,000 is fucking insanely high for a phone bill doesn't mean that the person is opted out for having a dumbass 13 year old kid.