Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #101
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

well if we do a two week or so ride... say 15 days... we could ride from your place through AR, CO, up the Cal and OR coast... then up through WA and Canada to AK... then turn and come back down.

it'd be a fuck'n AWESOME trip.... we'd need to do it in late summer so things are dry up north...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #102
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Na, you can do it in about an hour with only a few tools on the 1125. No remval of the swingarm.

Heres a link to badweb where a memeber shows how it's done with minimal tools.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...31/440981.html

I'm thinking more along the lines of this for a more comfy ride.
I saw one of those on the ride home the other day and almost wrecked because I was staring

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #103
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
have you watched the Long Way Round series? fuck'n awesome.... perfect to watch before a road trip
http://www.bywayofmotorcycle.com

If you want to just see the vids.. http://www.youtube.com/billmaa

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #104
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
well if we do a two week or so ride... say 15 days... we could ride from your place through AR, CO, up the Cal and OR coast... then up through WA and Canada to AK... then turn and come back down.

it'd be a fuck'n AWESOME trip.... we'd need to do it in late summer so things are dry up north...
I would be up for going into AK, but all the way to prudhoe bay, fuck that. I lived in AK. I spent enough time there to last me a lifetime. Fuck that place.

I say we get a shitload of video/picture equipment too. We got most everything we need as far as SLR with your setup. We need at least two shitty cameras that we could mount to the bikes and take pics while riding. A couple of camcorders for when stopped, the go pro for moving. Chatterboxes. We just need to break out a map and decide where we want to go. Start marking up locations that are musts and pick a route for it. Then I will take the diners/driveins/dives map and start marking off places we need to eat along the way. This would be an epic trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #105
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Thanks for pimpin' Billy and I out sweetie.

And and!!! There will be NO talk of riding to Prudhoe Bay without ME! I've been researching it for several years dammit!

Tentatively, I'm planning on making the run up to Prudhoe Bay in July of 2010.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #106
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

yeah but trip... how could you ride all the way to AK... and NOT ride up to Prudeho?! seriously... that would be one of the most amazing parts of the trip!

and yeah... I like the idea about the camera's... though I say we look into a couple go-pro's... one forward one backward.. but also one for spare... in case a moose takes it out

and Grex my all means join us! course we don't have the bikes yet... this is a very premature plan right now

lol at this rate it'll be a TWFix tour of north america rally
Old 05-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #107
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Trip you should check out the links Archren posted above. My best friend and I have been filming our rides for the last few years and making movies out of them. Good stuff I think!

And Ebbs, I already have the bike for it! I'm tellin' ya, the Busa will make it!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #108
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
yeah but trip... how could you ride all the way to AK... and NOT ride up to Prudeho?! seriously... that would be one of the most amazing parts of the trip!

and yeah... I like the idea about the camera's... though I say we look into a couple go-pro's... one forward one backward.. but also one for spare... in case a moose takes it out

and Grex my all means join us! course we don't have the bikes yet... this is a very premature plan right now

lol at this rate it'll be a TWFix tour of north america rally
I don't have any interest in going to Alaska ever again. Alaska holds a lot of bad memories for me. I hate that fucking place. That's how I don't care to ride up to Prudhoe. Prudhoe holds a much different view for employees/families of employees that work the north slope.

It's also the case of I have explored a lot of Alaska. This trip for me is about going places I never been before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Trip you should check out the links Archren posted above. My best friend and I have been filming our rides for the last few years and making movies out of them. Good stuff I think!

And Ebbs, I already have the bike for it! I'm tellin' ya, the Busa will make it!
i have checked out yall stuff, it's good stuff.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #109
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

ahh yeah ok... I understand... so maybe up to say Denali then back?
Old 05-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #110
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
ahh yeah ok... I understand... so maybe up to say Denali then back?
It just depends on how much time I can get off. I don't really want to waste it on Alaska. I will research it more though.
Quote: