Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #101
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
My point is that jeans (especially the type manufactured for the typical female) offer so little protection she might as well just wear the shorts if she enjoys wearing them more than jeans.
That was exactly my point. Why bother "insisting" she wear jeans? Just let her wear the shorts if that's what she's comfortable in.

Oh and btw . . . yes, the WR is my only bike. I'm just glad I'm not bound to paved roads only, because really, I'd be missing out on a whole mess of miles of dirt roads/trails if I was stuck with a street bike.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #102
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Ah but if I'm cruising up to the Dairy Queen in town, I'm only doing approximately 25-45 mph... besides, I don't know about you but I'm WAY more likely to "crash" on rollerblades than I am on my bike!!!

Aha and you just said the magic words... whether or not they provide "adequate protection". I think that they do. I especially think that they are better than nothing. You think that I am wrong. I have fallen 100s of times wearing jeans during my lifetime(skateboarding, sports, bicycling, running around, dirt bikes, climbing trees, horseback riding, etc) and I am certain that if I had been naked, my ass would be one big scar!!!Okay. You ride around in your "hefty bag" and I'll wear my jeans and we'll both be just fine. I mean I could go on and on about how nylon suits aren't adequate protection because they are not as abrasion resistant as leather but what do I care what you wear when you ride?
There's a vast amount of difference between 20mph and 30 or 45 mph. Yes, I think you're wrong about jeans, especially of the sort made for a female which tend to be weaker and thinner due to the need to stretch around a female's supple ass.

And I don't think you care about what I wear when I ride. But only one of us made a post titled, "My girlfriend is a squid"
________
VAPORIZER REVIEWS

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:51 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #103
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
That was exactly my point. Why bother "insisting" she wear jeans? Just let her wear the shorts if that's what she's comfortable in.

Oh and btw . . . yes, the WR is my only bike. I'm just glad I'm not bound to paved roads only, because really, I'd be missing out on a whole mess of miles of dirt roads/trails if I was stuck with a street bike.

Yea since I've owned dirt bikes and a quad as well as a street bike... I'm of the opinion that it would suck to own just one bike that is only a mediocre dirt bike and a fucking suckass street bike. Just my opinion of course... Oh wait that the general opinion of several reviewers...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #104
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Yea since I've owned dirt bikes and a quad as well as a street bike... I'm of the opinion that it would suck to own just one bike that is only a mediocre dirt bike and a fucking suckass street bike. Just my opinion of course... Oh wait that the general opinion of several reviewers...
If you're talking mx bike sure, but you can get a damn fine enduro that can the licensed.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #105
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

A suck ass street bike? I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say you've never ridden one.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #106
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Tigger, SIMMER DOWN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Tigger, SIMMER DOWN...
Geesh, I feel like I'm scolding my cat everytime I type that.. Next I'm gonna threaten to spray you with the water bottle.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #107
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Tigger, SIMMER DOWN...

Geesh, I feel like I'm scolding my cat everytime I type that.. Next I'm gonna threaten to spray you with the water bottle.

You heard the lady. Summer Donna.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #108
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post

You heard the lady. Summer Donna.
Lookin for some hot love?
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #109
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Lookin for some hot love?
Well, she works hard for her money. Could it be magic? I won't know until the last dance.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #110
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Just for fun . . . sittin' here at my desk . . .

Let's go out in the hall. Oh, look, there's some riding gear. Jacket, pants, and even some riding boots. Helmet and gloves must be in the closet.

Turn around and look out the window . . . hmmm . . .

What's that? A sucky ass street bike . . .

Kinda hard to see and it's only 3 months old, but it's got 3,465 miles on it so far.

Last edited by Krabill; 06-04-2009 at 12:13 PM..