Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #111
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Well of course I would cause nigger is from latin niger which means the color black. Just like Caucasian is to describe someone is white or light tone.
Oh now wait a minute, so you admit that the word nigger cannot technically be used to describe anyone other than a black person by definition? So what will happen to all of the "there are white niggers" bs that comes out every time there's this type of discussion? By definition ALL black people are niggers is that what you are saying?

Btw pop over to your jacket thread, I want your input on something....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #112
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh now wait a minute, so you admit that the word nigger cannot technically be used to describe anyone other than a black person by definition? So what will happen to all of the "there are white niggers" bs that comes out every time there's this type of discussion? By definition ALL black people are niggers is that what you are saying?

That would be in the "what a group thinks." I could care less what a group thinks.

Yes. The word nigger refers to a person with black skin tone. Of course I've always been iffy on the "black" part cause a lot of black people are brown. When I hear black, my brain thinks the color black and I see brown.

The base of the word nigger means black "color." It now depends on what you "add" onto the base definition to make it into something else.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #113
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
That would be in the "what a group thinks." I could care less what a group thinks.

Yes. The word nigger refers to a person with black skin tone. Of course I've always been iffy on the "black" part cause a lot of black people are brown. When I hear black, my brain thinks the color black and I see brown.

The base of the word nigger means black "color." It now depends on what you "add" onto the base definition to make it into something else.
U huh... hey go look at these jackets and give me your opinion.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #114
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
I think the bigger question is, why is the word still in use at all?

We've been trying to bury the fucker for 40 years now, but it keeps popping back up in Rap and Hip-Hop music.

I understand the premise of "It's OK if I say it", but why would you choose to denigrate yourself in such a way?

If you don't have enough respect for yourself to stop using the term, how can you expect any respect from others?

It makes no sense.

JC
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #115
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:

I am not a nigger I am a knee-grow. get it right
Old 01-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #116
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
A "group of people"? Go ahead and lie to me, tell me that when you hear the word nigger that you don't immediately think of a black person. If you were standing in a store and someone shouted, "Look out that nigger has a gun!!!" that you wouldn't look for a black guy. Sure, okay...

Denial...
Um duh, obvious association.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #117
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Um duh, obvious association.
Yea I know...it's just that some people claim that they don't consider the descriptive of black people, ie "my Grandpa calls white people niggers" but your grandpa was using the word as an insult, basically saying that those white guys were acting like black guys.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #118
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I think the bigger question is, why is the word still in use at all?

We've been trying to bury the fucker for 40 years now, but it keeps popping back up in Rap and Hip-Hop music.

I understand the premise of "It's OK if I say it", but why would you choose to denigrate yourself in such a way?

If you don't have enough respect for yourself to stop using the term, how can you expect any respect from others?

It makes no sense.

JC

I agree with you actually but I honestly don't agree that it's only Rap and Hip hop music keeping the word alive. Maybe, I'm special or something but I hear it used by white guys who wouldn't be caught dead listening to rap music all the time. In fact, just last week I was at my powder coater's shop dropping off some parts and a bunch of white guys were standing around and one of my favorite phrases popped up. "You ain't worth a dog turd in a nigger's back yard!". No rap music was playing...
Old 01-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #119
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
I agree with you actually but I honestly don't agree that it's only Rap and Hip hop music keeping the word alive. Maybe, I'm special or something but I hear it used by white guys who wouldn't be caught dead listening to rap music all the time. In fact, just last week I was at my powder coater's shop dropping off some parts and a bunch of white guys were standing around and one of my favorite phrases popped up. "You ain't worth a dog turd in a nigger's back yard!". No rap music was playing...
I'm not blaming it all on Rap, there are obviously some people that missed the Civil Rights train, and are still standing on the stupidity platform.

My point is, (some) black people need to stop supporting the assholes that perpetuate the negative stereotypes that encourage racism. It seems counter productive to make Rap "artists" who denigrate women and blacks alike, more money, when you should be boycotting them.

I'm not saying black people all need to wear chinos, and act like poindexters, but a little less "Niggaz and Ho's" would go a long way towards bridging the gap that people like me have been trying to fill since the 70's.

What's a white liberal boy have to do to get some help up in this bitch?

JC
Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #120
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I'm not blaming it all on Rap, there are obviously some people that missed the Civil Rights train, and are still standing on the stupidity platform.

My point is, (some) black people need to stop supporting the assholes that perpetuate the negative stereotypes that encourage racism. It seems counter productive to make Rap "artists" who denigrate women and blacks alike, more money, when you should be boycotting them.

I'm not saying black people all need to wear chinos, and act like poindexters, but a little less "Niggaz and Ho's" would go a long way towards bridging the gap that people like me have been trying to fill since the 70's.

What's a white liberal boy have to do to get some help up in this bitch?

JC

I totally agree! Unfortunately, white people are actually sliding more towards the hood/gangsta way of speech and mannerisms... I guess that the gap will be bridged one way or another.