Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #111
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
So it's OK if you have multiple g/fs, but the those of us who have been married more than once are losers?

Shame on you.
Not to split hairs, but that's exactly how it's supposed to be done. You get the courtin' out of the way, then ya get hitched for life. You're supposed to have multiple bf/gf for that very reason. It's so you don't marry the first one that comes along and then get divorced.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #112
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Not to split hairs, but that's exactly how it's supposed to be done. You get the courtin' out of the way, then ya get hitched for life. You're supposed to have multiple bf/gf for that very reason. It's so you don't marry the first one that comes along and then get divorced.
Point made. But have met many people that spend decades looking for the "right one". Some people can never be happy no matter how many they date. Not that this applies to Tigger.

But those of us who have been married more than once were at least brave/stupid enough to give the other sex another chance.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #113
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
That's what I have actually tried to tell this guy I know just the other day. He's marrying a girl that he has only dated for a couple months AND he's leaving for the Army in 6 months...not to mention that this chick is a total slut- the villiage bicycle type. Sucker.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #114
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Point made. But have met many people that spend decades looking for the "right one". Some people can never be happy no matter how many they date. Not that this applies to Tigger.

But those of us who have been married more than once were at least brave/stupid enough to give the other sex another chance.
Hey, I agree with you. What you don't know is that I was married once and engaged twice more, one died and the other cheated... one, two, three strikes and I'm out of here...
Old 12-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #115
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:

The "right one" is a two way street. I'm 46; never married. Got close in my 20s (her idea) and it didn't happen (her idea also). I've met a couple of women over the years that I thought I could be happy with but since they didn't feel the same way, nothing ever came of it.

Keep in mind that most of the people who publish books on how to have the perfect relationship have had a lot of practise at it, with multiple partners

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #116
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hey, I agree with you. What you don't know is that I was married once and engaged twice more, one died and the other cheated... one, two, three strikes and I'm out of here...
I understand as the years go by that it gets harder to trust and believe that the right one is out there. I won't do it again, just isn't worth the hassle.

I shouldn't have been so harsh in judging you, but it's the internet and I can.

Last edited by Fleck750; 12-22-2009 at 07:53 PM..
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #117
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I understand as the years go that it gets harder to trust and believe that the right is out there. I won't do it again, just isn't worth the hassle.

I shouldn't have been so harsh in judging you, but it's the internet and I can.
That's true.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #118
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that because I've never been married I've never given the other sex a chance. (according to your logic).

Oh and men....DRAMA!!!! It's up front drama....but it's drama!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:43 AM   #119
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

LOL, goddamn some of you are bitter. Amorok I knew about, but wowsa there's a bunch more of you!

I'm gonna go hang out over here in my first wife fantasy land, and wait for the hammer to finally drop so y'all can say you told me so.

Last edited by anthonyk; 12-23-2009 at 04:51 AM..
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:42 AM   #120
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I find it hard to believe that because I've never been married I've never given the other sex a chance. (according to your logic).

Oh and men....DRAMA!!!! It's up front drama....but it's drama!
I don't think you are in your 40's yet, either.

But some people just know that they like themselves enough, don't want children and are happier without a partner.