Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #111
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Now, now dave...everyone that buys a R6 is "cool" that's why he bought one because he wanted to be cool and not a GSXR...

Here's my contention in a nut shell,

It's just as bad to NOT buy something based on image as it is to buy something based on image. What's the difference?

"I won't buy EH because only douches buy it"= "I only buy EH because all the cool people do."
True nuff I suppose. Can't say I ever wanted something based on its popularity either for or against. Not to say I won't try to raise its stock afterwards though
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #112
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
It's just as bad to NOT buy something based on image as it is to buy something based on image. What's the difference?
You are assuming that someone would want to own whatever the item is if only the "negative" image didn't exist. For the people saying they wouldn't pay more than $10 for a t-shirt anyway the image issue is inconsequential to the buying decision.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #113
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You are assuming that someone would want to own whatever the item is if only the "negative" image didn't exist. For the people saying they wouldn't pay more than $10 for a t-shirt anyway the image issue is inconsequential to the buying decision.
Hey now, I was focusing on the "Anyone that wears Ed Hardy is a douche" crowd, I never said anything about you cheap skates... FWIW I've seen EH jeans for $30 and t shirts for $10-15...would you wear it then? Are you saying that if the clothing was in your price range you would buy it? Besides, read the post you quoted, didn't I specify "image" as a condition? Price is no where in that post.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #114
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Why the fuck are we arguing over clothes? THIS is more gay than the gay clothes designer.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #115
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Why the fuck are we arguing over clothes? THIS is more gay than the gay clothes designer.
Winner... heres your prize
Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #116
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

because it's fun?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #117
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:31 AM   #118
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
because it's fun?
Exactly right...yeesh. Who wants to argue politics, religion or bike brands.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #119
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Idk around here the six edges out the gixxer as the middleweight squid choice
Not here by a long shot.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #120
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Now, now dave...everyone that buys a R6 is "cool" that's why he bought one because he wanted to be cool and not a GSXR...

Oops missed this. Nope I bought an R1 and an R6 the same day for a few reasons. I wanted to buy a Japanese inline four. I owned an R1 back in 2000 and wanted another one. I thought they were the two best looking Japanese inline four's in 2007 and performed as good as any of them. I got a better deal by buying two bikes from the same dealer that day.

Oh yeah...I don't even ride the R6 unless I'm testing something on the bike...the wife does...has her pink flames on the windscreen and a 'Girl Power' sticker on the bike as well.

Around here more 'squids' seem to ride gsxr's plain and simple. No I don't think everyone that rides a gsxr is a squid...just seem to see more squid's on them.

I've owned a few Yamaha's...a few Kawasaki's...a few Honda's and ZERO Gsxr's...just never wanted one although yes I do know that they are great bikes.

The only gsxr that I've ever ridden was a few weeks spent on a Turbo Hayabusa and I liked it alot but just never cared to buy a gsxr.

If I ever decided to buy an open class bike I would buy the Hayabusa over the big Kawasaki though.

Oh and for the record...in this thread I haven't cracked on Ed Hardy or anyone for wearing his stuff. I've also never worn any of his stuff but not saying that I wouldn't.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote