Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #121
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

And those holes you drilled into the upper fairing - they didn’t really do anything, did they?
Of course they did, haha! At the time Honda NSR race machines had holes in their fairings. Some say they worked and helped the machine turn quickly. On my Fireblade it just looked right. The holes that did work were on the front fender on later models. We made holes there for air to pass through and almost ‘suck’ the front wheel to the ground.
Um, yeah.......If that concept worked, everyone else would be doing it

I liked the holes, they looked cool -----why not just admit that's all they were there for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The latest incarnation of the blade has a controversial look, but do you like it?
Ah, a very difficult question. Image is number one these days, and the 2008 Blade’s looks are…questioned. But the handling and character, packaged controllability, means a shorter nose was needed. The new fairing was developed for this and it gave the bike a different character. ...
Uh, I don't see how a shorter nose accomplishes much. Is he talking about mass centralization? Well it's not like the headlights and gauges weigh all that much, and even if they did, you could mount them further back and just extend the fairing further forward.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #122
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

There are two major Harley dealers near me. But there must be at least two dozen motorcycle shops near me that work exclusively on Harleys. The first dyno I ever saw was in one of those shops. If I had a Buell and couldn't do the maintenance, I wouldn't mind bring it to that shop instead of a dealer.

I think Harley screwed up. Many riders have a strong loyalty for their first bike. I know I like to stop by my Hodaka dealer now and then. But how many new riders can afford a Harley, or the huge weight? I remember when Harley sold dirt bikes. Maybe Erik should start looking at some car dealers who would love to bring in a younger crowd of buyers.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #123
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
none of 4 Buell dealers I went to would let me ride a Bike. They looked at me like I was insane for even asking. .
That's because HD dealerships are use to a bunch of mid-life crising 40 year olds who want the biggest baddest HD to brag to their friends about and haven't ridden a bicycle since they were 14 much less a high TQ heavy ass shitty handling/braking motorcycle.

The only reason I see people get to test ride triumphs/ducs/aprillia/etc is because in general people who want those bikes (or are willing to buy them) already have riding experience on top of being in their 30s or so with decent jobs to pay for the bike.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #124
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Then they probably would have gotten huge outcries from the Harley crowd for stealing American jobs. Despite I believe most Japanese motorcycles, ATVs, cars, etc are built in the US.

But if they allowed them to be sold in Japanese places then i think they would have done better. Maybe the Italian/British places would have been better since a potential Buell buyer would likely also look into Aprilia, Ducati, Triumph, BMW, etc.

There was a place near me called that sold Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, HD and Buell (with Kawi dealer next door and Duc dealer 5 miles away). It was the only time I've ever sat on a Buell. I've never stepped foot into a Harley dealership.
they do sell them overseas, hell europe seems to have more buells than we do and you cant watch a BSB race without seeing 5000 HD banners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Um, yeah.......If that concept worked, everyone else would be doing it

I liked the holes, they looked cool -----why not just admit that's all they were there for

i thought he did admit that they were just for looks?
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #125
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Americans weren't the only ones that enjoyed Buells. Here is a big fan in Japan of all places...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Zm0...layer_embedded

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #126
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
Americans weren't the only ones that enjoyed Buells. Here is a big fan in Japan of all places...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Zm0...layer_embedded
goddamn that place is gorgeous. great band name too super butter dog smooth tune though
TWF Post whore #6
Old 10-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #127
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Let me just say it again, I definatly see a Harley Davidson Buellster on the horizon

Old 10-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #128
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

the way that horn is mounted makes it look like a promask
TWF Post whore #6
Old 10-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #129
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote: