Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #121
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
no he was right... you can't LIVE with a bike... you can, however, survive.
you lost me.

korea's got you all fucked up lol ya typo havin mofo

rider-
seriously tho, track days, trail riding-way less chances of some outside source(cager, gravel, oil in the road, deer) of taking you out, and you still get your bike fix.

ive been at the point were you're at, and the best advice i can say is go thru with it and give it up. wait (if you can) 6months to a year and rent or demo a bike and see if you really do miss it. chances are, after the first 5 rusty minutes, you will notice that you miss it way more than you were aware of. then, the next day, after all the initial excitement has worn off, but the feeling remains, you can make a gd decision on whether you truly feel its best to give it up. maybe it is, maybe it isnt
Old 12-04-2008, 02:15 AM   #122
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
you lost me.

korea's got you all fucked up lol ya typo havin mofo

rider-
seriously tho, track days, trail riding-way less chances of some outside source(cager, gravel, oil in the road, deer) of taking you out, and you still get your bike fix.

ive been at the point were you're at, and the best advice i can say is go thru with it and give it up. wait (if you can) 6months to a year and rent or demo a bike and see if you really do miss it. chances are, after the first 5 rusty minutes, you will notice that you miss it way more than you were aware of. then, the next day, after all the initial excitement has worn off, but the feeling remains, you can make a gd decision on whether you truly feel its best to give it up. maybe it is, maybe it isnt
like bikerbob said... you're not really LIVING when you don't have a bike... you're mearly existing.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:32 AM   #123
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
like bikerbob said... you're not really LIVING when you don't have a bike... you're merely existing.

you say that cuz you're a rider. i got friends that are hardcore rock climbers, to them, really living is hangin off the side off a mountain. know what i mean? me personally, im not a rider. i love it, and the only days i dont ride even alil are the days i dont bother coming out the house lol-but im a racer. thats when I feel im really living, at the track. i'd sell my streetbike if i for some reason could only have one bike.

and anyway, i ended with him being able to make the best decision. guessing he's a husband, a father, uncle, etc. maybe he's decided that he not ok with what the rest of his family would be put thru, and what he would be missing out on(kids growin up, grand kids, etc) if on the unlikely chance that something fatal happened. so he's sacrificing his own enjoyment for them. thats pretty fuckin noble. i'll never stop racing, aslong as i can afford it, but i'll probably scale back my street riding for a few years (2-4) once im married and the wife gets knocked up. i'd hate for my kid to grow up without atleast a memory of me because some dumb bitch took me out as she was textin her bff ya know?

but back to the topic question- 2002 busa
Old 12-04-2008, 04:15 AM   #124
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
you say that cuz you're a rider. i got friends that are hardcore rock climbers, to them, really living is hangin off the side off a mountain. know what i mean? me personally, im not a rider. i love it, and the only days i dont ride even alil are the days i dont bother coming out the house lol-but im a racer. thats when I feel im really living, at the track. i'd sell my streetbike if i for some reason could only have one bike.

and anyway, i ended with him being able to make the best decision. guessing he's a husband, a father, uncle, etc. maybe he's decided that he not ok with what the rest of his family would be put thru, and what he would be missing out on(kids growin up, grand kids, etc) if on the unlikely chance that something fatal happened. so he's sacrificing his own enjoyment for them. thats pretty fuckin noble. i'll never stop racing, aslong as i can afford it, but i'll probably scale back my street riding for a few years (2-4) once im married and the wife gets knocked up. i'd hate for my kid to grow up without atleast a memory of me because some dumb bitch took me out as she was textin her bff ya know?

but back to the topic question- 2002 busa
I agree 100%... but I was talking to Rider.... who by name is a rider...
Old 12-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #125
Rider
Moto GP Star

Hey guys, it's not that I dont want to ride anymore or afraid to. I just have other priorities in my life. MY kids are getting older and want to spend more time with me. I feel selfish having $10K tied up in a bike that only I get to use. I'm taking that money from the insurance company and I am spending it on something for the entire family. Keeping a small amount to buy more hunting rifles and a bass guitar. The rest... Possibly a hot tube and finishing the wet bar in my basement. I'll eventually be back on 2 but probably just on dirt to ride with my son.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #126
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Hey guys, it's not that I dont want to ride anymore or afraid to. I just have other priorities in my life. MY kids are getting older and want to spend more time with me. I feel selfish having $10K tied up in a bike that only I get to use. I'm taking that money from the insurance company and I am spending it on something for the entire family. Keeping a small amount to buy more hunting rifles and a bass guitar. The rest... Possibly a hot tube and finishing the wet bar in my basement. I'll eventually be back on 2 but probably just on dirt to ride with my son.
Bass for you or the kid? I played bass for 10 years before I started playing drums.

I've got this bad boy. It's a killer bass. ESP F-204 with active EMG pickups.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #127
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Bass for you or the kid? I played bass for 10 years before I started playing drums.

I've got this bad boy. It's a killer bass. ESP F-204 with active EMG pickups.

For me. I'm giving my guitar to my son.

I've seen your bass before. The F series basses are sweet.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #128
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
For me. I'm giving my guitar to my son.

I've seen your bass before. The F series basses are sweet.
For live stuff they are awesome. Play nice, have nice punch. For recording I'd always wanted a nice passive bass....but never had one. Still dont.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #129
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
Hey guys, it's not that I dont want to ride anymore or afraid to. I just have other priorities in my life.
thats what i was trying to get at ebbs, i think u missed the point cuz i explained it all fucked up

Quote:
I feel selfish having $10K tied up in a bike that only I get to use. I'm taking that money from the insurance company and I am spending it on something for the entire family.
never even thought about it like that-gd for u man
Old 12-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #130
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
thats what i was trying to get at ebbs, i think u missed the point cuz i explained it all fucked up
ahh yeah... I didn't get that from your explination