Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-11-2008, 09:55 AM   #121
Rider
Moto GP Star

I'll have to wait and see how my knee feels.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #122
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 07 CBR 600RR

I just want you happy, Ed. I know riding is a source of joy for you. It'd suck to see you tuck it away because of this. I'd understand it, of course, but it'd suck all the same.

Before you give it up all together, would you try a track day or at least attend one?
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #123
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I'll have to wait and see how my knee feels.
I'm sorry you feel that way buddy...if I was still in Mi.I'd go hang out and talk to you about it in person...

The thing is Ed,there are very few people that understand how you feel better than I do. I have been where you are many times. To be honest,what you will determine in the next few weeks is how much you love riding. I remember that your wife was dead set against you buying this bike and I'm sure you're getting a full on assault of "I told you so"s. I also know that you have children and I'm sure that weighs on your mind. Take your time and weigh all of the variables. Remember one thing,you can always come back to riding. You have to be a father to your children and a husband to your wife first and foremost. People that dish out the "I'll do what I want and that bitch can just suck it up attitude" don't understand what a marriage and family are all about. Do what you have to to heal up,get your mind right and keep peace in your home.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #124
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way buddy...if I was still in Mi.I'd go hang out and talk to you about it in person...

The thing is Ed,there are very few people that understand how you feel better than I do. I have been where you are many times. To be honest,what you will determine in the next few weeks is how much you love riding. I remember that your wife was dead set against you buying this bike and I'm sure you're getting a full on assault of "I told you so"s. I also know that you have children and I'm sure that weighs on your mind. Take your time and weigh all of the variables. Remember one thing,you can always come back to riding. You have to be a father to your children and a husband to your wife first and foremost. People that dish out the "I'll do what I want and that bitch can just suck it up attitude" don't understand what a marriage and family are all about. Do what you have to to heal up,get your mind right and keep peace in your home.
That covers it very well.

Rider, you obviously understand your priorities and Im sure youll come up with a solution that suits you the best. Good luck on you recovery and just think, if you decide to go track only, you have a sick track toy waiting for you.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #125
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
That covers it very well.

Rider, you obviously understand your priorities and Im sure youll come up with a solution that suits you the best. Good luck on you recovery and just think, if you decide to go track only, you have a sick track toy waiting for you.
Seriously,if the buy back is under $2000,you'd be almost crazy not to keep it....
Old 11-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #126
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Seriously,if the buy back is under $2000,you'd be almost crazy not to keep it....
No doubt. If the buy back is only 2k, Im tempted to go up to MI and rebuild it myself.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #127
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:

Holy shit Tigs, that's the most sensible and thoughtful thing I've ever seen you post!

Rider... shake it off, heal up and see what's happening then, it's all you can do.
As for the bike... a new(ish) 750 for cheap, excelent track bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:58 PM   #128
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Holy shit Tigs, that's the most sensible and thoughtful thing I've ever seen you post!

Rider... shake it off, heal up and see what's happening then, it's all you can do.
As for the bike... a new(ish) 750 for cheap, excelent track bike!

Hey now I am fucking human you know! Jesus! That's the last nice thing I'll ever say in open forum!!! Yeesh!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #129
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
No doubt. If the buy back is only 2k, Im tempted to go up to MI and rebuild it myself.
my pay out was $9100 and my buy back was $1200....
Old 11-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #130
Rider
Moto GP Star

Thanks for all the moral support guys. This is why this place rocks.

I have an appointment to have an MRI done on my left leg. I still have some numbness in my leg and it's not getting any better after a week. My ankle is now turning purple and swelling up and it wasn't injured at all. All the blood is draining from my bruised knee into my ankle. I ran out of pain meds, and I called to see if I could get some more. I'll be picking up some more Vicodin and Flexoril after work.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote