Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 08-01-2008, 01:18 AM   #131
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

yea, way across the damn country
my homies like to do tracks days, which kickass if you're riding, but after the 1st one, its kinda lame as a spectator.

im too deep into drag racing to try and do both, by the time im good enough to be half ass competitive, dlit will be setting records for amatuers at lvms

load up on the sd cards for your cam, drag dubbs out there
Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 AM   #132
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
yea, way across the damn country
my homies like to do tracks days, which kickass if you're riding, but after the 1st one, its kinda lame as a spectator.

im too deep into drag racing to try and do both, by the time im good enough to be half ass competitive, dlit will be setting records for amatuers at lvms

load up on the sd cards for your cam, drag dubbs out there
racing both drag and track would be insane... but you should just get a track beater and do a couple TDs... you'll fall in love with turns and end up racing track

Yeah I'm getting to know a LOT of the track regulars/racers/etc the more TDs I do... so I think this one guy and I are going to trade some laps back and forth next TDs and both be filming... we should get some cool footage
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:31 AM   #133
Dnyce
flyin high

im still getting used to the bike, only had it for bout 3weeks-hopin 4 trackday in november. buying boots tomorrow
Old 08-01-2008, 01:38 AM   #134
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
im still getting used to the bike, only had it for bout 3weeks-hopin 4 trackday in november. buying boots tomorrow
Oh that's right you picked up that gixxer... be careful... once you do a TD... it's as good as done man. You'll be addicted and you'll be spending money left and right, dreaming about track riding, and be a full fledged addict like me.

I mean look at me... it's almost pathetic how addicted I am. By the end of this season I'll have 15 track days under my belt and I only sat on a bike for the first time in May of last year. And now I'm going to end up racing and bankrupting myself
Old 08-01-2008, 01:38 AM   #135
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
racing both drag and track would be insane... but you should just get a track beater and do a couple TDs... you'll fall in love with turns and end up racing track

Yeah I'm getting to know a LOT of the track regulars/racers/etc the more TDs I do... so I think this one guy and I are going to trade some laps back and forth next TDs and both be filming... we should get some cool footage
its sweet to race the same track over and over-i bet by mid season you will be looking at split times

a track beater, dragbike, and streetbike? im not that ballin...hell, i aint even ballin
Old 08-04-2008, 12:48 AM   #136
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Friday night I went and picked up all the stuff I had painted. It all came out AWESOME... the match to the OEM metallic black color is excellent.

Here is everything... full set of race plastics, oem mid fairings, airbox cover, intake covers, and fender. The race plastics have number plates with silver pinstriping around them. I got only one number plate on the front because I thought that looked a lot nicer.

Race plastics:

Since the race plastics are black I trimmed the black border off the red/white replica stripes that will be going on there. They're so large I expect to have some difficulty getting them on anyways, so I figured I might as well cut that part off. I'm going to install them next Saturday when I'm prepping the bike for the track. That will give the paint another week to cure.

I also had the dent in the old tank pulled out and primered. I'll paint this at some point and throw another set of sliders on it to have as a backup.

I also have another fuel pump so I don't have to switch it over. I'll get a keyless gas cap for it probably as well. Anyone know one besides vortex? I've seen those vaporlock and cause a bike to shut off mid-race...

My spare set of wheels showed up, just as described, just a bit dirty:

Since the super glaze on the workbench was drying, I took some cleaner to them and they came out great. Just a couple tire-change marks, otherwise they're minty fresh:

I installed all the street parts... she looks fucking awesome! Chances are, I'm going to ride with this stuff for the rest of the season, and then pull it all and sell it. The R6 will become track only and I'll start racing in the spring.

Notice the mid fairings (long skinny ones), airbox cover and intake covers are all painted now, instead of grey bare plastic:

Then I took her down the street to put the tires up to street pressures, stopped for a quick photo. She's basically done:

Old 08-04-2008, 04:18 AM   #137
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

looks like shit.

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:16 AM   #138
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yoyodyne sells one that is vented. If you had a GSXR I'd sell you my old one cheap,cheap!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #139
t-homo
WSB Champion

Looks great man.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #140
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
looks like shit.

You bastard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yoyodyne sells one that is vented. If you had a GSXR I'd sell you my old one cheap,cheap!
It is a universal fit?

My buddy Dan had his bike shut off going into T6 at NHMS due to a Vortex gas cap. Fucked him and his bike up pretty badly. I ain't using that shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Looks great man.
Thanks dude