Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #131
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Exactly....nigga this....nigga that used constantly and they want white people to stop using it?
I don't care how many movies are made, I don't care if every rapper in the world comes out with a song using the word, I don't even care if every other black person on Earth stand up as one and shouts the word nigger at the top of their lungs for an entire day. Do not presume to call me one. That's all I'm saying. What it boils down to is you all want an excuse to call us niggers. You want to justify it somehow and make it okay. It's not, period.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #132
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I don't care how many movies are made, I don't care if every rapper in the world comes out with a song using the word, I don't even care if every other black person on Earth stand up as one and shouts the word nigger at the top of their lungs for an entire day. Do not presume to call me one. That's all I'm saying. What it boils down to is you all want an excuse to call us niggers. You want to justify it somehow and make it okay. It's not, period.
I don't think there are very many white people arguing for the right to call a black person that. It's more like arguing for the right for a white person to call another white person that.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #133
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Your staunch opposition to it almost makes me want to use it... almost. I won't, if just because I do actually HAVE class.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #134
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I won't, if just because I do actually HAVE class.
I don't have any I don't mind using it.

What it really comes down to as a society we have determined that it is unnacceptable for us whiteys to say it, but its ok for black folk to say it
Old 01-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #135
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I don't think there are very many white people arguing for the right to call a black person that. It's more like arguing for the right for a white person to call another white person that.
What? Read the thread. The whole argument is, "If you all can say it, then we can say it..." At least one guy was saying that if he was around a couple black guys that use the word, he feels justified in using it too. As in if me, him and another black guy were at my house watching the game. I jump up and go to the fridge. I yell from the kitchen, "Hey you guys want a beer?" The black guy responds, "Hell yea nigga, pass me a cold one!" He thinks that AUTHORIZES him to say, " Get me a beer too, nigger"....um nope. Look, I don't pretend to talk for other black people and quite frankly, I don't care what you call them. If there are 1.5 billion black people in the world, you can call them all niggers minus 1...
Old 01-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #136
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Your staunch opposition to it almost makes me want to use it... almost. I won't, if just because I do actually HAVE class.
I'm not surprised. I lived in Texas and as long as I didn't get too tan, I could hear white people use the word daily to describe almost any black person that crossed their path.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #137
azoomm
moderator chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post

What it really comes down to as a society we have determined that it is unnacceptable for us whiteys to say it, but its ok for black folk to say it
You know what though? It's a cultural issue. I don't even know why there is much of a debate on this. Truly.

This fucking world has gotten entirely TOO careful over who gets to say what - when in fact, it's perfectly OK to be offended at something. There is a time and place for everything. And, while trying to protect the bubble that everyone is in, a few things are just naturally NOT being taught.

One of those things is how to have class. It's something that can't be learned in a book - but, only by living life. If you put the world in a bubble, how do people learn what is and is not appropriate?

Come Play at the Track!!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #138
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post

Basically the same as when Jewish comedians make fun of other Jews it's okay but if a goyim tries it...well, he'll never work in show business again....unless he's Mel Gibson, of course.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #139
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
You know what though? It's a cultural issue. I don't even know why there is much of a debate on this. Truly.

This fucking world has gotten entirely TOO careful over who gets to say what - when in fact, it's perfectly OK to be offended at something. There is a time and place for everything. And, while trying to protect the bubble that everyone is in, a few things are just naturally NOT being taught.

One of those things is how to have class. It's something that can't be learned in a book - but, only by living life. If you put the world in a bubble, how do people learn what is and is not appropriate?
I agree with that but I'm sure that even a classy broad like you will make an offensive comment or two IF she believes that the offended party is not present. Like making cracks about fat people when none are present, for example. Orrrrrrrr pming me to talk shit about someone when you won't say it to them directly. So as long as you don't say it to their faces, it's classy huh?

I think each individual gets to decide what offends them and what doesn't. You, Quentin Tarentino, Little Wayne, Spike Lee or whomever, don't get to decide what I am willing to let anyone call me. I'll make that decision. If I wish to allow every black person to call me a nigger and not allow white people to do it, tough titty! If you want to allow your girlfriends to call you a bitch but smack me if I do, it's your decision. Simple.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #140
azoomm
moderator chick

Tigger, it has nothing to do with whether I will or won't say something - and everything to do with time and place. I have one friend I can openly call a cunt - and others that would freak the fuck out if it's even spelled in their presence.

You can be as offended as you want. But, understand this - as long as you get offended, there will be people out there that will say it simply because it makes YOU the crazy one.

Come Play at the Track!!